Search for content in message boards

Doers- family anyone?

Doers- family anyone?

Posted: 29 Mar 2006 12:22AM GMT
I am looking for Amos Doers and Mary Johnson families who lived in Bayfield area abt. 1900 1910 and possibly longer? Amos born 1853 and Mary 1862. Son Wm born 1880. He is buried in Ashland.
Thanks Jaimee

Re: Doers- family anyone?

Linda Christensen (View posts)
Posted: 1 May 2006 1:28PM GMT
Classification: Query
My grandmother was a Doer and her father was Amos . Please ask any specific questions and I will be glad to share. Amos is suplposedly buried in an unmarked grave right next to my grandmother Viola Doers Rogahn. If you have no info you will be pleased and surprised about how this family migrated from Canada.

jaimee (View posts)
Posted: 1 May 2006 2:24PM GMT
Hello, I am interested only in Amos and Mary Johnson on down. Do you have alot of this at all? I am from Mary's line.
Thanks Jaimee

Linda Christensen (View posts)
Posted: 1 May 2006 8:28PM GMT
I am excited to learn that you know about Mary. I tried a long time ago to track her but all I knew was that she was a Johnson and that her mother died giving birth to her. She never knew her birth date is what I sadly learned about her. After marriage They lived for a while in Nebaska in a mud house. My grandmother was born in Ogallala Nebraska in about 1890. One brother was Guy Doers and he moved to California. I have a picture of her that I acquired from a Sharon Moxley who is Guy's granddaughter. I guess the message doesn't give the email address so let me give it to you now. lrrc@nc.rr.com Tell me if any of this is what you have also heard. The Doers are very artistic. They are highstrung. My father was named Raymond Amos Rogahn. My grandma was O- and so am I. These are crazy things that are popping into my head would like questions to answer ----and your info too!

jaimee (View posts)
Posted: 2 May 2006 12:02AM GMT
Write to me at home, I have a address as of today.
Mary's mother did not die in child birth and Mary knew her family, they came to see her in Michigan, we have or had relatives mention this. I'll share more
ask4jaimee@peoplepc.com

anxious to start sharing or call me
Jaimee
Would love the photo. To see if it is a match to mine. I have the siblings and some more good stuff.

Posted: 24 Aug 2007 6:31AM GMT
Hi not sure but try Casper Wyoming or thermopolis wyoming was a bud doers there

Posted: 9 Dec 2008 4:17AM GMT
Hi Jaimee: I am a great grand daughter of Amos and Mary. Mary died here in California. The Doers family brought her out here after Amos died. I was absolutely stunned when I found out Mary had lied to my family about her birth. She told my family that she didn't even know how old she was because non of her family cared enough to keep track. I talked to one of her relatives and they said the Johnson family had generations of people with mood disorder such as depression and Bipolar disorder. My immediate family is filled with this genetic disorder. I always wondered where it came from as I am a psychologist and I knew it was genetic. Now I know. My mother Ruby Doers thought Mary was beautiful and said she was the most patient person she had ever known. She also said Mary told her she had never been happy in her whole life. I think there is much more to the story but who knows. Sharon Porter Moxley.

Posted: 9 Dec 2008 4:18AM GMT
Hi Jaimee: I am a great grand daughter of Amos and Mary. Mary died here in California. The Doers family brought her out here after Amos died. I was absolutely stunned when I found out Mary had lied to my family about her birth. She told my family that she didn't even know how old she was because non of her family cared enough to keep track. I talked to one of her relatives and they said the Johnson family had generations of people with mood disorder such as depression and Bipolar disorder. My immediate family is filled with this genetic disorder. I always wondered where it came from as I am a psychologist and I knew it was genetic. Now I know. My mother Ruby Doers thought Mary was beautiful and said she was the most patient person she had ever known. She also said Mary told her she had never been happy in her whole life. I think there is much more to the story but who knows. Sharon Porter Moxley.

Posted: 1 Dec 2010 5:26AM GMT
You family history is NOT COMPLETE if you are not interested in who & what came before!

Posted: 1 Dec 2010 5:35AM GMT
Maybe her mother wasn't married, and when she died,
none of the family wanted to take care of an illegitamite baby/child. You can't imagine what it was like back than!
My gr grandmother was born that way, and though her mother
(15 and taken by an older married man) kept her and loved
her, they both had a very hard life. I am sorry to say
my gr grandmothers daughters were so ashamed of the fact that they lied on the gr grandmothers death cert and said
mother(parents) unknown. And they lived with their grand
mother for at least 18 years, and denied knowing her.
Thank God people are a little more forgiving now.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic