Search for content in message boards

Looking for descendants of Edward and Daniel Schermerhorn

Looking for descendants of Edward and Daniel Schermerhorn

Jacklyn Cairns (View posts)
Posted: 9 Aug 2002 6:54PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: SCHERMERHORN
Daniel was in Rushford, Winnebago County WI 1870 and Edward in Bloomfield Walworth Co WI . Would love to share what information I have with anyone related to these people.

Re: Looking for descendants of Edward and Daniel Schermerhorn

Posted: 4 Oct 2008 4:34PM GMT
Surnames: Schermerhorn, Pratt, Allen
Hi Jacklyn, Daniel Schermerhorn, b 1793, is my gr x 3 grfa. Over time I've come across several other Daniel S's. What is the relationship between Edward and Daniel? Dob's for each etc. My Daniel had one or possibly two sons who remain unidentified. One was b 1825, the other(?) after 1830. Could these men be the missing sons. Daniel was b NY, and after 1840 went to WI with my gr x 2 grmo Imogene. One other daughter, Ella, has been identified who also went to WI. My data is a bit sparse and I've never been able to identify his sons.
Betsey

Posted: 6 Oct 2008 11:18AM GMT
Surnames: Schermerhorn, Foster
Hi Betsey,

As far as I can tell the Daniel and Edward that I was following were brothers. Daniel was born according headstone at Burdick Cemetery in Rushford, Winnebago Co, WI,on 08 July 1825, d. 18 May 1892. This Daniel was in Walworth Co as early as 1848 (WI Land Patent). My interest in him was this - He married Hannah Foster, sister to my 3 times gr grandmother. They had 3 dau and 1 son. The son died young. I was hoping to find descendants of the daughters that may have more Foster data or possibly share some photos.

The dau's were, Helen, b. abt 1848, WI, Louisa, b. abt abt 1853, and Georgiana Adel b. 1860.

Edward (b. abt 1833) married the widow of another Foster sibling of my 3 times gr grmo and moved to Winnebago Co then to MN and than out west for a little while then back to MN. It's been a long time since I have been researching this line. Get back to me if this is your line or if I can be of any other help.

Jackie

Posted: 6 Oct 2008 11:53AM GMT
Surnames: Schermerhorn, Foster
Betsey,
I gave you the wrong death death for Daniel. The correct date is 24 Mar 1890. The date I posted before was for Hannah. By the way Daniel's middle initial was O.
Jackie

Posted: 23 Aug 2009 3:05AM GMT
Edited: 24 Aug 2009 2:34PM GMT
Surnames: Schermerhorn
I'm looking for a son of Daniel Schermerhorn b 1793 and this Daniel O may fit the bill. Daniel's unnamed son was b 1825 in Deerfield, Oneida Co NY. Is this a possibility? Census data from 1840, by which time I believe Daniel's wife Sallie had died, don't show any other young male in the household in Hammond, St Lawrence Co NY. So Willim does not fit. You are researching this through the Fosters. Is there any indication of Daniel's parentage through them?
Betsey

Posted: 30 Sep 2012 12:19AM GMT
There is a Daniel Schemerhorn on the 1940 Census for Vona, Colorado. It lists all of his children except the youngest, Bobby. They later moved to north of Stratton then to Pueblo in the 50's. He and his wife died there but some of his children still life there. I believe Johnny lives there.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions