Search for content in message boards

Family of G. A (Mann) SEXTON of Hart Co. Ky. USA late 19C - early 20C

Family of G. A (Mann) SEXTON of Hart Co. Ky. USA late 19C - early 20C

James Howard Sexton (View posts)
Posted: 9 Apr 2000 6:20AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Sexton
G.A. (Mann) Sexton, married Alma, children,Lucille,Dora,Lera,Bill, Stanley,Johnny and more. I am Stanleys son.
Many relatives still in this area, Mann born in 1881, Alma in 1888. Man was a carpenter, fell off barn and broke his neck. Raymond and J.D. sons of Bill, now residing in Ark.
Anyone know anything about these people? Thanks, Jim

GA (MANN) SEXTON

Jennifer Sexton (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jun 2000 12:59PM GMT
My husband's family (Sexton's) are from around Hart and Metcalfe Co. KY. My husbands grandfather is buried at Houk Cemetery in Metcalfe Co. Also buried there is G.A. (Mann) Sexton and Alma F.
I have their birth and death dates if you need them. Just email me -- sextonjb@aol.com
Thanks,
Jennifer

Mann Sexton

Jim Sexton (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jul 2000 11:02AM GMT
That is my grandfather, my father's father. Near their stone in Cosby Cemetery is also Curl and Gertrude Waddell who is my mom's mom and dad. Down the road in Houk cemetery is my father and mo0ther and 2 brothers, a few Sextons and some Cauthornes who are also related. The name was changed because Cauthorne killed a man on a train. He used to own Mammoth Cave but due to his name change he lost the deed to it. Pretty interesting, I have a few more tidbits from the Sexton family if you are interested

Sexton

Posted: 12 Jul 2000 3:38PM GMT
Jim,
Thank you for the information. My mother has a book about families from Mammoth cave...(as she only lives just outside the park) and I did find a tiny bit in the book about the Cauthorn who owned and remodeled a hotel over there.
From what I understand on the Sexton side of the family...my husband's grandfather was John Willis Sexton, he is buried at houk...I was told that his father was Samuel Sexton, but cannot find any information on him or his side of the family. Do you have any info. on them?
Thanks,
Jennifer

a little I have recently learned about the Sextons

Jennifer (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jul 2000 3:54PM GMT
My mom and dad died 2 and 3 years ago respectively. Until their deaths, nothing was said about the Sextons that they knew.
I think I am right in telling you that the
times were different and things very strange.
A tale told me last week while I was visiting
for the first time since the last funeral, a
close relative told my family of some startling things, things that are intriguing me as I relate this to you. It may take years, but I will try to get as much info as I can. Thanks for your interest, keep in touch, anytime. Jim.

family

Jim (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jul 2000 5:31PM GMT
My sister's address is jsvz@theremc.com. She
would know a whole lot more about things than I do, we have a cousin who married into the family, Joan Carrol Edge Sexton, who married Donnie Sexton, son of Carl and Lera Sexton, Lera daughter of G.A. Sexton, sister of my father, Stanley Sexton, various other brothers and sisters, (9 in all I think) Carl Sexton being of another Sexton line, possible related (3rd-4th cousins).Between her and my sister Judy they may be able to help a little more than me, they stayed around the area, I have moved to Mechanicsville, Va. just outside of Richmond, Va. Keep in touch, this is cool.

Hello

Posted: 14 Jul 2000 5:06PM GMT
Jim,
Thank you for the email information. I really appreciate your help. Take care and keep in touch.

Jennifer

Family

Stanley Keeler (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jul 2000 7:37PM GMT
Hello Jennifer, I too am trying to connect my grandfather to his past his name was Lee Sexton his father was listed as Willis Sexton of Kentucky, My geandfather was born in 1876 and passed away in 1941. If you have anything on Lee or Willis Sexton I would like to hear from you. My e-mail is StanLeeKey @ AOL. com thanks much

Re: a little I have recently learned about the Sextons

Posted: 24 May 2003 11:44PM GMT
Edited: 13 Oct 2004 4:16PM GMT
Hello - I think we from the same family and I know very little - I would be very interested in any info you have especailly the strange things. I have been told a few strange things too and would like more info - PLEASE E-MAIL ME - thanks!

Re: Mann Sexton

J Roller (View posts)
Posted: 29 Sep 2004 4:00PM GMT
I am looking for info about a man named Sexton who shot a man named Rufus Dowell in 1909. It happened on the Sexton farm off the Beechville Rd (it's behind the Pink Ridge Church) near Sulphur Well. I would appreciate any info. Thanks, Jeane
per page

Find a board about a specific topic