Search for content in message boards

Stuck and Confused~ Can anyone help?

Stuck and Confused~ Can anyone help?

Posted: 2 Aug 2013 12:26PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Feis, Sorg
Hi,
I'm trying to find my 3rd great grandparents, Celesine Feis and Franciska Sorg in the ship lists. I am trying to trace them back to their birth places in Germany but 1st I need to find them when they arrived here (USA) and left Germany.

I believe I have (I hope this is the correct person) Franza Sorg: Arrival on June 10, 1854 at New York, origin was Baden, departure was Le Havre, France and the ship was Zurich.

I have Celesin Feis who arrived at New York in May 1848 with no ship listed.

I have checked with the IMGT(sp?) and neither of them are listed on any passenger list and if fact the ship Zurich is not even listed.

These 2 I do not know much about: I have no parents for either one nor do I have birth dates only guesses. Celestin was born about 1821 in Baden and Franciska was born about 1830 in Baden. I believe they married here in the USA but I've yet to find their marriage. They both ended up in Stillwater, Washington County, Minnesota where they had their family and raised them.

Please, I do not understand immigration / emigration so if you can help me out I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you,

Re: Stuck and Confused~ Can anyone help?

Posted: 3 Aug 2013 1:05AM GMT
I could not find anything on Celestin but Franza Sorg did arrive on 10 Jun 1854 in NYC from Le Harve Francis aboard the Zurich. She was 24 and from Baden. The manifest does exist on ancestry.com. Don

Posted: 3 Aug 2013 1:38AM GMT
Edited: 3 Aug 2013 1:39AM GMT
Thank you, do you know where I could obtain more information on these two, regarding their travels from Germany to the USA?

Posted: 3 Aug 2013 2:36PM GMT
I have a friend who lives in Baden and has done extensive research on persons who emigrated from that area and may be willing to help you. Her name is Bee and her address is badenroots@yahoo.com. Good luck. Don

Posted: 3 Aug 2013 11:46PM GMT
Awesome!!

Thank you so very much,
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions