Search for content in message boards

Hannah Palmer m. George Palmer & William York - CT

Hannah Palmer m. George Palmer & William York - CT

Melinda Gardiner (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jul 2002 8:03PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Palmer, York
Can someone please help?

I'm trying to prove the parentage of Hannah Palmer. I've been told 2 possibilities:

1. Jonathan Palmer m. Marcy Manwaring
OR
2. Joseph Palmer m. Frances Prentice

The Hannah I'm searching married a William York (b:1705) son of Thomas York and Mary Brown.

William was previously married to Comfort Burdick.

Is the Hannah I'm researching the same Hannah that married George Palmer, or is this a different Hannah?

Can anyone clarify this???

Thanks in advance,
Melinda

Re: Hannah Palmer m. George Palmer & William York - CT

Michele (View posts)
Posted: 17 Aug 2002 8:06PM GMT
In the family trees section, which I don't know if it is right, there is a Hannah(b.1694, Stonington, CT), dau. of Joseph Palmer (b.1663) and Francis Prentice. It shows her married twice. First to William York and then to George Palmer in 1701. They had Christopher, Zebulon(b.1713), Joseph(b.1717), George(b.1719), and Gershom(b.1723). Her father Joseph seems to be the son of Walter Palmer, born in England in 1585.

Melinda Gardiner (View posts)
Posted: 17 Aug 2002 8:29PM GMT
Thank you Michele for your reply. I have since been in touch with the Palmer Society and Hannah Palmer who married George Palmer, is the same Hannah who married William York. She was indeed the daughter of Joseph and Francis (Prentice) Palmer. She married first, George Palmer and had the 5 children you mention in your post. George bet 1728-1729 and then Hannah married William York (on Feb 22, 1729). Together they had 3 children: Amos York, Mary York, and Jonathan York.

Hannah's paternal grandparents were Nehemiah and Hannah (Stanton) Palmer and her gr-grandparents were Walter and Rebecca (Short) Palmer.

Thank you again for your reply.

Best of luck with your searches,
Melinda A. Gardiner

Posted: 18 Feb 2011 11:38PM GMT
THE INFORMATION REGARDING HANNAH WHERE SHE WAS BORN IS ACURATE.SINCE I'M NOT FOLLOWING THAT LINE I DON'T KNOW
WHO SHE MARRIED.
IF YOU LOOK AT THE NEW ENGLAND FAMILLIES
GENEALOGICAL AND MEMORIAL BY WILLIAM CUTTER
PAGES 446 TO 447 IT SHOWS THE LINE FROM WALTER
PALMER TO LIEUTENANT JOSEPH PALMER
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions