Search for content in message boards

Dollards in south Kilkenny

Dollards in south Kilkenny

John E. Dollard (View posts)
Posted: 14 Feb 2002 2:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
My ggrandfather James E. Dollard was from the Outrath parish and an area of town known as Knockadrina. It doesn't exist on the maps any more and I wondered if any one had any information on where I am to be looking exactly. Also if there are any Dollard's from that area or who where from that area I would like to chat with you. Has anybody looked into the Dollard's of Kilkenny and how they are related.

thanks, jd

Re: Dollards in south Kilkenny

Posted: 15 Mar 2002 12:49AM GMT
Edited: 9 Mar 2004 12:03AM GMT
Hello John: I have Dollard in my family tree! Phillip Dollard married Mary Phelan in Johnston, Kilkenny County, Ireland.
A Michael Dollard married Bridget Phelan and they immigrated to Naugatuck, CT and ended up in Blue Earth, MN in the mid 1800's. Bridget Phelan Dollard was a sister to my grandmother's grandfather. I have found them in census records residing in Pilot Grove township, Faribault County, MN. Write me, if interested, at .... michelann@hotmail.com Thanks, Michel Ann Dobyns

Donna Archer (View posts)
Posted: 22 Mar 2002 1:08PM GMT
Surnames: Dollard/Donnelly
Hi

I have a Dollard in my family Bridget dollard/Dullard from Kilkenny married 1853 to a John Donnelly Johns well kilkenny

donna

Posted: 23 Mar 2002 12:35AM GMT
Hello Donna: My Bridget Dollard was born Phelan and married a Michael Dollard. I think they married before immigrating to Conneticut from Kilkenny County, Ireland. They show up in the 1880 Minnesota census with last name spelled as Dullard. They lived next door to Dennis & Catherine Buggy. Catherine was Bridget's sister and Dennis Buggy was my grandmother's grandfather. There's probably still a connection there somewhere.

Posted: 1 Jun 2002 8:30AM GMT
Hi

recieved you post message My Bridget Dollard was formally Dullard her father was Michael.

So maybe a connection somewhere

Donna

Posted: 4 Aug 2005 4:14AM GMT
Surnames: DONNELLY, PATTERSON, COOGAN
do you have any information on your John Donnelly from Johnswell. My grandfather, Martin Donnelly was buried in Johnwell Cemetery. Suppose he may have come from there. He may have been born about 1865. His father may have been Patrick Donnelly. Betty

Donnelly (View posts)
Posted: 5 Aug 2005 12:23AM GMT
Hello Betty: I do not have any info on the Donnelly's... sorry. That was Donna Archer who wrote an inquiry on that name a while back. I have no Donnelly on my tree far as I know. Sorry and happy hunting! This is fun especially when you have results! Michel Ann Dobyns
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions