Search for content in message boards

Lee,McKinnon,Matthews,Beckwith, Powledge, Emerson, Underwood, Hawsey, Cottrell, Draper, Dunbar, Jack

Lee,McKinnon,Matthews,Beckwith, Powledge, Emerson, Underwood, Hawsey, Cottrell, Draper, Dunbar, Jack

Eva Lee (View posts)
Posted: 29 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: LEE, MCKINNON, MATTHEWS, BECKWITH, POWLEDGE, EMERSON, UNDERWOOD, HAWSEY, COTTRELL, DUNBAR, DRAPER, JACKSON
Anyone with any information regarding these Union County and Thornton, Arkansas families, please e-mail me:
LEE-William Robert Columbus, William Hartwell, Robert Edgar,
Roger Martin, Alice, Damarius
MCKINNON-Jesse Franklin, Walter Pierce, Angus,
MATTHEWS-Charles, Fonce
BECKWITH--Inez, Ernest, E.A.
POWLEDGE--Mattie Belle, Jacob Martin,
EMERSON--Carl, Tom
HAWSEY--Queenia
UNDERWOOD--Ola Damarius, Columbus
COTTRELL--Mary Ellen
DUNBAR--Mimmie
DRAPER--Tressie, Henry
JACKSON--Nancy

ADDition=Meadors, Cameron, Keeling, Davidson

Eva Lee (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: MEADORS, CAMERON, KEELING, LEE, MCKINNON, MATTHEWS, BECKWITH, POWLEDGE, EMERSON, HAWSEY, UNDERWOOD, COTTRELL, DUNBAR, DRAPER, JACKSON
MEADORS, M. Fannie
CAMERON, Sarah
KEELING, Eliza Jane, L.
MCKINNON, Angus Wilson and Alexander "Sandy"

Cottrell

Debbie (View posts)
Posted: 16 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Cottrell, Cameron, McKinnon
I am researching my grandfather's family who's surname is Cottrell. Could you tell me which Cottrell you are looking for? They also married a Cameron and a Mckinnon.

your query

Kim Burnett (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT

McKinnon, Cameron, Keeling, Cottrell

Jeffery McKinnon (View posts)
Posted: 29 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: McKinnon, Cameron, Keeling, Cottrell
Hello, I hope this information helps you. It was told to me by my great aunt Blanche McKinnon Wade who died at the age of 93 in 1991. I don't know alot of dates but I will give you what I know. I'm not sure when they came to Union County.

William Alexander "Sandy" McKinnon m. Sarah Margaret "Peg" Cameron (Sandy had a brother and a sister that also married Camerons) They had a son named Angus Wilson McKinnon.

Angus Wilson McKinnon b. ? d. 1898 m.Eliza Jane Keeling, b. ? D.1924 They had 12 children: George, Gus, Walter, Ollie, Doc, Arteemus, William Alexander (Alec), Jesse, Rodrick, Mary, and Sarah. Eliza's parents were Leonard Keeling and Mary (Polly) Davidson.

William Alexander (Alec) McKinnon, b.3-19-1870, d.3-9-1901, married Susan Laura Cottrell, b. 3-31-1876, d.3-9-1947 on 11-30-1892. Laura's parents were Elijah Washington Christian Cottrell, b.?, d.2-13-1913, and Nancy Alice Dumas, b.?, d.7-24-1928. Laura's paternal grandparents were William David Cottrell(a brass smith and carpenter)married to Mary Ann Hood, b.abt 1820.They were born in England and immagrated about 1850 with 2 children. They landed in Newportnews, Virginia. Some of their children were William R.(b.1847), Hiram, Elijah W.(b.1852),Charles F.(b.1857), and Jesse J.(b.1861). Laura's Maternal grandparents were Benjamin Dumas, b.?,d.in 1905 married to Susan Rhem (Dutch), b.?, d.in 1870.

Alex and Laura's children were:

1.William Thomas McKinnon, b. 11-4-1893, d.2-15-1966
m. Leola B. Snider, b.10-15-1895, d. 3-25-1992

- no children

2.Ollie McKinnon, b.12-31-1896, d. 9-12-1900

3.Alice Blanche McKinnon, b.5-17-1898, d.6-12-1991
m. Junius A. Wade

- no children

4. Harvey Gratis McKinnon, b.9-23-1900, d.12-19-1970
m. Lettie Grace Lewis, b.10-18-1911, d. 9-10-1988

1.Billie Jean McKinnon m. Ben Loftin

2.Betty Sue McKinnon m. William Carter

3.Morris Harvey McKinnon m. Mary Elizabeth Ledbetter

4.Thomas Roy McKinnon m. Frances Wooley

5.Jerry Wayne McKinnon m. Peggy Sue Goodson (my parents)

6.Bruce Edward McKinnon m. Brenda ?(Williams)

7.Robert Earl McKinnon m. Kathy McGaffaghen

8.Daniel Lee McKinnon m. Susan Ferguson

I hope this at least gets you started! Jeffery McKinnon

Re: Lee,McKinnon,Matthews,Beckwith, Powledge, Emerson, Underwood, Hawsey, Cottrell, Draper, Dunbar, Jack

Kim Burnett (View posts)
Posted: 5 Aug 2001 3:11AM GMT
Surnames: McKinnon, Cottrell
Hi. My great grandfather was Walter Pearce McKinnon. He married Mary Lula Cottrell...Do you have any more info? Please let me know..Thanks, Kim

Re: Cottrell

Kim Burnett (View posts)
Posted: 5 Aug 2001 3:12AM GMT
Surnames: Cottrell,McKinnon
Hi Debbie, I am also researching the Cottrells and McKinnon line, maybe we can compare notes...please email..thanks kim

Re: Cottrell

EvaMLee (View posts)
Posted: 5 Aug 2001 1:20PM GMT
Surnames: Lee,Matthews, McKinnon, Emerson, Cottrell, Keeling, Cameron, Dumas
My husband is the son of Roger Martin Lee, b.11-12-46 ElDorado, AR and Paula Sue Matthews, b. 07-10-46 ElDorado, AR
Roger is the son of Bertha Faye McKinnon, b. 11-12-1927 ElDorado, AR and William Robert Columbus "RC" Lee, b. 03-05-25 Thornton, Calhoun County, AR
Bertha is the daughter of Jesse Franklin McKinnon, b. 03-10-1903 Three Creeks, Union County, AR and Mary Esther Emerson, b. 05-13-1905 Shuler, Union County, AR.
Jesse is the son of Walter Pierce McKinnon, b. 02-12-1879 Blanchard Springs, Union County, AR and Mary Ellen "Lulu" Cottrell, b.08-25-1879 Union County, AR
Walter is the son of Angus Wilson McKinnon, b. 12-11-1844 Tallapoosa, Coosa County, AL and Eliza Jane Keeling, b. 1846 AR
Angus Wilson McKinnon is the son of William Alexander McKinnon (son of Lauchlin D. McKinnon, who was born about 1770's in Scotland?, and brother to Nancy & Elizabeth) and Sarah Anthony Cameron (daughter of Unknown and Catherine Unknown Cameron, who were born about 1770-1780's in Scotland)
Mary Ellen "Lulu" Cottrell was the daughter of Elijah Winford Cottrell (son of William David and Mary A Cottrell) and Nancy Mary Alice Dumas (son of Benjamin Marion Dumas).
I have info on some siblings and further back on Lulu.

Re: your query

Eva Lee (View posts)
Posted: 5 Aug 2001 1:22PM GMT
Hey, Kim!
It's always good to meet another cousin.=)

Re: McKinnon, Cameron, Keeling, Cottrell

EvaMLee (View posts)
Posted: 5 Aug 2001 1:55PM GMT
I had that Elijah's name was Elijah Winford, and that Laura's name was Susan Laura. There were some other differences. Plus, I have some dates and full names that you apparently don't. If you'd like, I can send them to you, or post them here.
Thank you so much for your help.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions