Search for content in message boards

DREW family Dover-Durham-Strafford? 1700s

DREW family Dover-Durham-Strafford? 1700s

Diantha Howard (View posts)
Posted: 21 Oct 2004 4:33PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: DREW, BOODY
I am looking for the ancestry of Olive DREW wife of Joseph BOODY of Strafford, NH area. According to "Annals of the Boodeys in New England" she was born 3 Jun 1752. She d Jan 1826 according to Journal of Enoch Hayes Place (and gravestone Strafford Cemetery: b 1752).
The eldest child of Joseph & Olive was b 23 Dec 1773 [Annals of the Boodey's]
It has been suggested that she was daughter of David & Abigail (BOODY) DREW of Durham. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Re: DREW family Dover-Durham-Strafford? 1700s

Brenda Elliott (View posts)
Posted: 17 Dec 2004 4:33PM GMT
Olive Drew was born 3 Jun 1742. She married Rev Joseph 3 Boody. Stackpole, Hist Durham NH, 1913, 2/31:

"Tradition says that Zechariah Boody came over in a French ship and deserted it in Boston. He had wife, Elizabeth, who was baptized by the Rev. Hugh Adams, 31 March 1716/7. He died about 1755. [Cf. Boody Genealogy.]"

Children: Elizabeth, Charity, Mary, Sarah, Azariah, Hannah, Abigail, Kezia, and Betsey.

"Azariah Boodey, born 15 Aug. 1720, lived in Madbury. He married Bridget Bushbie and died, 26 Feb. 1803. She died in Barrington 30 July 1785, aged 70."

Children: (Rev.) Robert, Zechariah, John, Molly, (Rev.) Joseph, Sarah, Hannah, Azariah, and Betsey.

"Rev. Joseph b. 16 May 1752; m. Olive Drew, b. 3 June 1742."

Stackpole does not show a Joseph married to an Olive or with a daughter named Olive.

Posted: 23 Oct 2009 2:03PM GMT
THis is our family as well.We have so much on them.If you want to know just email us and we would be so glad to share with you what we have.
Thank you
Jeffrey Boody

Posted: 23 Oct 2009 4:08PM GMT
We also have that Josepy Boody married Olive Drew.this family is mine also.I come from this line Zecharish Boody,Azariah Boodey Edmund Boodey Sewall Boodey Cahrles S. Boody Francis Grandville Boody and then my dad Ralph E. Boody.If any one has any information let me know i would gladly share what i have on all of these families as well.
Thank you
Jeff
jeffrey.boody@verizon.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions