Search for content in message boards

Rickard family

Rickard family

Gaye Stradwick (View posts)
Posted: 21 Sep 2002 11:44PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Rickard, Seaver
Is anyone researching Rickard in County Dublin? My ancestor was Catherine Rickard (nee Seaver) married to Henry Rickard in County Dublin in 1832.

Re: Rickard family, Dollard

Posted: 27 Sep 2002 1:22AM GMT
Edited: 24 Aug 2004 10:01AM GMT
Gaye,
In the GSI publication by Marie Keogh titled 'Howth, Sutton, Kilbarrack & Baldoyle, County Dublin 1901 Census Index,'
you will find in Baldoyle Village seven households with the the name of the head of the house called Rickard, including the address. The names are:Andrew, Catherine, James, John, Michael, Michael and Patrick.

In another section of the Journal there are listed persons staying on mostly fishing or pleasure boats at the time of the census.James Rickard, William Richard and a Joseph Dollard mentioned.

if you come across any Gilsenans or Cafferys other spellings of these name in your reserch I would appreciate it if you can inform me.
Regards
David

Regards
David

Re: Rickard family

Posted: 27 Sep 2002 1:27AM GMT
Edited: 24 Aug 2004 10:01AM GMT
Gaye,
In addition to the Rickard families in Baldoyle there are 28
households with this name.
Good luck
David

Re: Rickard family, Dollard

Posted: 6 Oct 2002 10:00AM GMT
Surnames: Rickard, Dollard
Hello David,

Thanks for your reply. Let me give you a quick summary of my research.
I have been researching in North County Dublin for about 4 years.
My ancestors from there immigrated to Australia in 1864. The main
family names in my direct line are Seaver, Dollard and Locke. The
areas they came from were Lusk, Skerries, Ballyboughal and the Naul.
Because I hit brick walls with these families, I tried posting on
Rootsweb for families that my Seavers siblings married into etc.
That is where Rickard comes in. My great great Seaver Aunt married
a Rickard. I was hoping that by posting these families, someone
might respond who had a family tree done, that might mention my line. Nothing so far!

When I was in Ireland in July, I did all the North County Dublin
parish records at the National Library, plus deeds in the Registry
of Deeds, and various things in the National Archives. I think I
exhausted most of the resouces available in Dublin, but maybe there
were things that I missed. I have done Griffiths Valuation and Tithe
Applotment books. But I have not researched in the parishes you
mentioned because mine all seemed to come from further north. Maybe
I should. Because branching out to other families like the Rickards
is a new direction, I haven't done any more than the Rootsweb postings.
I have done the phone books for my main families, with great success.
I have found a man in the U.S. who might be a Dollard cousin. But
my problem is that I seem to be the only Seaver family member surviving A
from my line who is researching. I went to a Seaver family reunion
in July in Dublin and I was the only one there from my line out of 150!

I really appreciate you taking the time to help. I would like to
stay in touch. Maybe you can also give me a brief outline of your
main families. What part of North Dublin are you from? We stayed
in the North Circular Road area, and I loved it. I miss Dublin very
much, and would live there in a flash if circumstances allowed!

Regards,
Gaye

Posted: 24 Mar 2003 12:29AM GMT
Edited: 6 Apr 2003 8:38AM GMT
Surnames: Rickard, Weakland
I am the granddaughter of Gervase and Naomi (Rickard) Weakland. My mom, Genevieve, said that her grandparents names were Henry James Rickard and she wasn't sure of the grandmother's name--that it was either Rebecca, Ann or Catherine and believed her maiden was Rickard as well? She thinks that they may have been 1st cousins that married? To name her aunts and uncles names as she remembers is as follows: Blanche, Dorothy (Harrisburg area), Jessie, Eleanor, Joseph, Edward(twin died), James & George. Anyone with information to this genealogy please respond.

Posted: 24 Mar 2003 7:02AM GMT
Surnames: Rickard
Hi,
Thanks for your response. Were your Rickards born in the U.S. or Ireland? I only know about Irish Rickards from North County Dublin.
Gaye

Re: Rickard family/Cambria County

Posted: 15 Aug 2003 7:37PM GMT
Hi! I think we're related. My Grandmother, was Mabel(Rickard) McHugh. She's deceased. Great-Aunt Dorothy, resides here in Central Penna. Our Great-Great Grandparents were: Henry J. Rickard(b. 8-5-1876)/ son of James & Rebecca(White) Rickard. (Note: Rebecca, was of Native-American heritage, so I'm told.) Grandad Rickard's wife was: Anne C. Rickard. As a child, we used to visit Aunt Nealma, and her family, who were very musical. They were playing Country Music way ahead of everyone else! You've got the right Family! I think Rebecca, had 19 pregnancies and delivered into her 50's. Hardy stock! - - You can find some Rickards on the Gates Board, and maybe, Snyder.(Cambria County,PA)

Posted: 16 Dec 2004 1:35PM GMT
Surnames: Rickard.
My Father Thomas Rickard was Born in Howth 1910, named after grandfather Thomas Rickard, Father Edward Rickard b Howth a Sailor married Rosanna Moore, also james a family name,Their have been Rickards in Howth since about 300BC,also Waldron Family.

Posted: 30 Jan 2005 9:12PM GMT
Edited: 4 Feb 2005 5:32AM GMT
Dear Bonnie: You were asking about uncle Henry's family if you will contact me I can give you some info.Uncle Henry's Mother was Rebecca Wilson Smith Rickard who was married to James Henderson Rickard. b1852 I got a lot of info. from Joe uncle Henry's son my cousin before he died. Contact me sorry but I had not been to the message board for some time.

Re: Rickard family/Cambria County

Posted: 24 Apr 2005 11:54AM GMT
Edited: 24 Sep 2005 8:01PM GMT
Ok, the way I see it you com from James and Rebecca, is that the James and Rebecca that were born in 1853 or is there another James and Rebecca Rickard that I have not found. All of your names are ringing bells with me though I am not following your line. I have Joseph Rickard 1802 and Mary (Marie Annie Mary) Whitefeather (Bull Blooded Indian) as having twin sons Joseph and James in 1853 and James as marring a Rebecca N. I also have a Anne C. Rickard as a daughter of Joseph and Mary born in 1845. I hope you can help me out I have been trying to complete this family for about a year. Joseph and Mary are my ggg-grandparents on my mother side.
I will also try to e-mail you and if you would I would like to hear from you thanks in advance.
Chuck McKinley
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions