Search for content in message boards

BOON"S of BARREN CO 1800-1840

BOON"S of BARREN CO 1800-1840

Posted: 6 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 5:27PM GMT
Surnames: BOONE, BOON, GRIDER, MITCHELL, STEWART, BROWN, RILEY
Good morning,

I have searched many years for a connection of my 3rd GGF Richmond Pearson Boon born 1803 Barren co KY. He said his father was John Boon of NC, his mother either Hannah or Henrietta Stewart of Scotland. (this given name has been passed down as either so I am not sure). It is also
said that his first wife was Jane Riley, married in Edmondson co KY early 1820's. I have found nothing on Richmond in KY but some of his children were born there per 1850 St. Francis co AR Census. I first found Richmond on the tax list for 1838 St. Francis co. He was listed same co 1840 , also listed on that census was a James Boon. Family tales
are that Richmond and his brother Jim were scouts in the Blackhawk War. I feel that Jim was the James.

I also have found a John Boon in Barren co, then a John Boon in Warren co who I think is the same one. That John married Anna Grider Mitchell, widow of Charles Mitchell in 1817. From a history of KY, it says John and Anna raised seventeen children. Probably his, hers, theirs.

I have most of Richmond's children to the present, some lost along the way, perhaps stayed in AR before Bell co TX in 1851. If anyone can get me back to his parents, I will be greatly appreciative.

I hope someone takes pity on me :)

Many Thanks,

Pat in OK

Mary E. Grider

steven wilson (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Grider, Wilson, Oliver, vaughn, franklin
I am looking for the parntage of Henry Clay Wilson who lived in barren co.,But was from adair co.,HE was the son of a george wilson jr.b.russell county ky.and a Mary Elizabeth Grider maybe from edmonton or adair county.

Henry Clay Wilson was my great grandfather and he was born in 1870s and married fannie belle Franklin and died in barren county.ky in about 1935
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions