Search for content in message boards

HALL FAMILY CEMETARY

HALL FAMILY CEMETARY

Davida Newbold (View posts)
Posted: 29 Aug 2005 2:35PM GMT
Classification: Cemetery
Does anyone have any information on the Hall Family Cemetary in Benson. NC? It is on Dog Patch Road. I need to know Anything I can find out about the cemetary and the area it is located in. Thanks for any help received!

Re: HALL FAMILY CEMETARY

Posted: 15 Sep 2005 1:39AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 15 Sep 2005 1:45AM GMT
What do you need to know? I can tell you that my grandfather is buried there and other family members. The land that surrounds the cemetery belongs to some man who will not allow any more of my family to visit there or be buried there, because we would have to cross his field..The road is dog eye school road. The land the cemetery is on was given to my greatgrandfather along time ago. Just that little patch of land. Please contact me, I could get you more information.

Davida (View posts)
Posted: 15 Sep 2005 2:48PM GMT
I desperately need more information! I have family buried there also. We have been paying for upkeep on the cemetary, but recently ran into some of the same problems with this man who doesn't want anybody back there. I also understand that another family marker has been erected on the property because these people now "think" it is their land! At our last family reunion in August 2005, I was given permission and the resources to do whatever had to be done to resolve these matters. These are human beings we're talking about being buried here! Our family! I want our heritage left for future generations. Please contact me ASAP. Maybe we can get to the bottom of this and along the way, maybe we'll be adding branches to our Hall family tree! Waiting anxiously to hear from you. Davida

Posted: 14 Jul 2013 9:54PM GMT
Edited: 14 Jul 2013 9:56PM GMT
I tried to locate the hall family cemetery on dog eye rd in Benson but did not see a cemetery there. I saw many very nice homes but no cemetery. My grandfather James Allen hall was buried there in 1925.

Posted: 15 Jul 2013 3:57AM GMT
Surnames: Hall

Posted: 15 Jul 2013 11:52PM GMT
Thank you.I have looked at the map but am still confused about how to get from the road to the cemetery especially since there is a posting about not being allowed to cross the field.

Posted: 16 Jul 2013 9:25PM GMT
Edited: 16 Jul 2013 9:27PM GMT
I'm not sure how you're supposed to get there, but it's definitely viewable from the satellite/aerial map. You'll probably need to ask permission from the landowner. You can find out who that is at the Johnston County GIS website (http://152.31.96.18/prod/). It appears to be Ransom Wade Dunn, 2049 NC 242 N, Benson, NC 27504.

Michael

Posted: 18 Jul 2013 7:15PM GMT
Thank you. I am going to check with him. Are you related to the hall family in some way.

Posted: 19 Jul 2013 2:13AM GMT
Nope. My family is from Indiana. My wife is from Johnston, but not related to the Hall's.

Posted: 19 Jul 2013 11:44PM GMT
Well, thank you anyway for helping me solve my family mystery.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic