Search for content in message boards

PAGE/PAIGE FAMILY RESEARCH

PAGE/PAIGE FAMILY RESEARCH

L Covington Paige-Patterson (View posts)
Posted: 28 Oct 2001 5:52AM GMT
Classification: Query
I've been doing research on the Afro American Page/Paige's. It would be helpful if anyone else doing the same type of research would list ethic background and last known location of ancestors. (State/County, etc would also be helpful). I have learned in researching the Page name that it was transformed to Paige overtime. (e.g. On my Mom birth certificate it's spelled Page and everyone else now spell their last name as Paige), which make it difficult to trace family members. Therefore, I find myself researching both names because family members older than 70 have surname Page, and anyone younger than 70 use Paige.

Re: PAGE/PAIGE FAMILY RESEARCH

Posted: 22 May 2002 12:49AM GMT
Edited: 22 May 2002 7:18PM GMT
Surnames: Paige
Hi. I just started my quest looking for Paige's as well. We started in Lynchburg VA and have moved all over. Anything I have, I'll send to you

Posted: 27 Jan 2003 9:51PM GMT
Edited: 3 Mar 2004 2:38PM GMT
I am Emma Smith grand daughter of late Fount & Emma Page of Louise. Mississippi. My great grand parents were Richard Marion & Polly Ann Page. They had 18 + children and none of them had no less than 10. We have anewsletter and we have a family reunion wvwry 2 years. This year it will be in St. Louis, Missouri July 31 thru Aug 3, 2003 at the Airport Hilton. 2 years ago it was in Jackson, Ms and 2 year before that, Mansfield, Ohio and each time we have had over 500 attend. We have learned that my great grand fatehr was an Ellison by birth. His moother was Martha Larkin and his dad was either John or Robert Ellison. He had a sister Sally Simmons. We have last names such as Moores, Jones Beasley Hoopers, Nelson, Paige, Page, Bell, Woolfork, Dixon, Woods and many more. If you know of any one, Please let me know. Esmith2614@aol.com

Posted: 16 Nov 2003 4:45AM GMT
L covington: I am also researching the Page/Paige African American family. My research is in Alabama/Dallas and Lowndes county. My ancestors also starting using Page as their last name. My father changed his spelling to Paige.If this is helpful to you,contact me at my e-mail address.

Michele Paige-Jones

L. Covington-Paige Patterson (View posts)
Posted: 28 Nov 2003 10:02PM GMT
Hello Michele

Thanks for the reply to this email and I'm glad to know that you're searching for the same info. My Grandfather name is George H. Paige (deceased), his brothers are Lonnie Paige, Eddie, Bud (deceased). He also had a brother named Cleveland Page/Paige (don't know his status), but I know that he left Adel, GA which is 25 miles from Lowdnes County (Valdosta, GA) years ago and that he worked with the Railroad. My grandfather sisters were Minnie Paige and Lessie B. Paige all deceased. There might be more brothers/sisters and other relatives out there. It's very hard to track family members because of all the moves, etc. My grandfather lived in Madison, Fl at one time before moving to GA, and other aunts and uncles lived in West Palm Beach, FL, and there are some Paiges that reside in Lake City, FL.
I've been searching for sometime, and hopefully will find more about my family.

Posted: 3 Dec 2003 2:19AM GMT
To L. Covington: In reply to your response. I don't know of any Page's in my family that moved to Georgia. But you never know what you might find when researching. My family lived in Selma and Birmingham most of their lives. Well I'll keep looking. I wish you the best on your research.

Michele Paige-Jones

Posted: 5 Jul 2006 12:52AM GMT
Hello my name is S.Paige, and i was wondering are you related to any Paige's that are from Franklin Kentucky? I know that i have some kin folks living in Ohio by the last name of Paige. I don't know any of the first names, i only know that i am related to them. If you have any additional information, please contact me at the above address.

Thank you

Macelia Hughes (View posts)
Posted: 21 Oct 2006 12:46PM GMT
Edited: 19 Dec 2006 10:16PM GMT
Surnames: Page
Back in Mississippi some former slaves changed there last name from Page to Paige to feel free from the former slave owners. I've search my family now for to years and it hard. I wrote letters to people, the I got there name off the white pages web site. I might can help you an you as well help me if so. HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON . I'm born Page.

Macelia Page-Hughes (View posts)
Posted: 21 Oct 2006 12:51PM GMT
Surnames: Page, Keyes, Hosey, Crosby,etc.
I live in Pennsylvania, My family is from Bayspring, Mississippi. Our family could be connected. Afro American. Lake Como, Miss, Jones County, Smith County. Maybe we can help each other if so.

Posted: 26 Dec 2008 3:17AM GMT
Surnames: Paige, Page
Hi...I am related to the Paiges/Pages from Uniontown Alabama. My grandfather is Snyder Paige. Is there anyone related?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic