Search for content in message boards

Yarboroughs by Galveztown

Posted: 29 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 8 Mar 2003 4:50PM GMT
Surnames: Yarborough, O'Neil, Martin, Stewart, Sharp, Crais
I have recently learned that my ancestor James Smith Yarborough Sr might have had offspring who settled within Ascension Parish. James Smith Sr (b 2 Sep 1745). Sons William, James Smith (jr), Diego, Joseph Oswald, Richard from 2 different mothers may have relatives in Ascension. Can anyone connect? Want to share?

Lyn

Yarborough

Posted: 1 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 8 Mar 2003 4:50PM GMT
Surnames: Yarborough, Diaz, Smith, Martin, Stewart, O'Neil
Dwayne - You're right - that's the family that I'm after. It's James Smith Yarborough who married Maria Diaz (Perez)as his second wife. Their sons were Diego, Joseph, and Richard. And Yarborough, obviously, is spelled lots of different ways. Joseph married Elizabeth Gonzales and Richard married Marie Brown. If anyone can connect, please contact me.

Posted: 1 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 4:01PM GMT
Lyn,

The book, Diocese of Baton Rouge Catholic Church Records, Volume 2, has some entries relating to a "Yarberry" family of Iberville Parish with dates in the 1800 area. One record is the baptism of Diego Yarberry in 1801. His father is James Yarberry of Virginia whose parents are William Yarberry and Diana "Esmit" of Virginia. Could this be the family you are investigating?

Dwayne

Yarborough

Posted: 28 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 27 Aug 2001 12:29AM GMT
Surnames: Yarborough
Saw your post. My Grandfather was Charles Drew Fridge son of Robert Thomas Fridge and Jane Yarborough (1832-1893). Jane was daughter of Joseph and Maria Gonzales. I have some info on this family line if you have questions maybe I can help.

Re: Yarborough

Cyndy Slack (View posts)
Posted: 24 Nov 2001 7:21PM GMT
You might want to try this web site from Plaquemines Parish, Louisiana. Hope it will help you.

http://members.aol.com/donald529/YARBOROUGH.html

Re: Yarborough

Posted: 2 Mar 2007 3:36PM GMT
Surnames: Roddy
Need help

Mary Rosa Arvette Berteau married April 1878 in Galvez,Ascension Parish, Louisiana to Anson Jones Fridge. Her first marriage was to John William Roddy. Do you know anything about the Roddy children?

Re: Yarboroughs by Galveztown

Posted: 9 Sep 2012 2:44AM GMT
Emilie Parent married to Adolphe Bercegeay. She was the daughter of Louis Private Parent and Amelie Yarborough. Believe they lived in Ascension Parish,La.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions