Search for content in message boards

SHIELDS, SLOAN

SHIELDS, SLOAN

Mary Fiorini (View posts)
Posted: 3 Dec 1996 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: SHIELDS, SLOAN,
Thomas Shields b 15 Nov 1809 Mecklenberg Co NC d 29 Aug 1895 MO Marriage record in NC states Thomas Shields......married to Margaret Alexander @ 1833. Was this Thomas Shields Sloan?? Wf Margaret b 15 Oct 1814 d 6 September 1905 Miller Co MO. CH: William W b 10 Feb 1835 NC Catherine b 1837 NC Isaac Alexander b 25 Apr 1840 KY James Bart b 20 Nov 1842 Jonathan b @1846 Elizabeth b 1849 George Burton b 5 Oct 1852 KY d 12 Nov 1931 MO Who were parents of Thomas Shields Sloan/Slone. SLOAN, James b?d? m 6 Dec 1806 Elizabeth SHIELDS in Rowan/Iredell Co NC. Were they parents of Thomas Shields Sloan. Who were parents of Elizabeth Shields and Margaret Alexander?d Margaret Alexander?

Catherine Sloan

Linda (Wellborn) Johnson (View posts)
Posted: 19 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Catherine Sloan
Looking for information on Catherine Sloan of Rowan Co. N.C. She may have moved to Wilkes Co. She married Hugh Montgomery.I know of two daughters Rebecca & Rachel.Catherine was said to have married John Cleveland (son on Ben Cleveland) after Hugh Montgomery died. Hugh had acquired the lower Moravian land grant and willed it to Rachel and Rebecca.Rachel married Montfort, Stokes a N.C. Gov. & Rebecca married Gen. James Wellborn,a N.C. Statesman for 27 years. They lived in Wilkes Co.in the mid to late 1700's.They donated the land so the town of Wilkesboro could be formed. Please if anyone has any info please contact me I have been trying to trace Catherine for 7 years.I just found out her name a few weeks ago. Catherine has been very elusive. Thank you for any help. Linda
per page

Find a board about a specific topic