Search for content in message boards

New site for Marion Co, SC, surrounding, and nearby counties genealogy

New site for Marion Co, SC, surrounding, and nearby counties genealogy

Matt McCauley (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jul 2004 4:06AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Adams, Bennett, Page
Hi All!

My name is Matt McCauley, and I'm 17 years old. I've been actively pursuing my ancestry for the past 6 years, and have finally decided to start making my research available on my website. The URL is at the bottom of this message. As of now, I've only got information on the Page, Adams, and Bennett family families of this region, though there is MUCH MUCH more to come as I continue to add new information and pages daily. My ultimate goal is to cover every surname that was in the counties for at least 20 years.

The content areas of the site include a chronology of the family with sources cited, my personal census transcriptions, census transcriptions for each surname to include every person for years 1790-1870 for these areas I'm interested in, photographs arranged by family, and a listing of cemeteries where people of each surname are buried as well as their family cemeteries. In the future I also plan to added scans and/or photographs of every record or picture I can put my hands on of the surnames documented on my site. In addition, there are a growing number of histories and other various resources on many states and counties.

Please not that I can be hired to do census research, and the terms, conditions, and other details are covered on my at the “research” link on my page.

Please check back frequently, as my site is updated almost daily, and I hope to keep up that pace.

Thank you in advance for your visit, and if you have any comments, suggestions, or problems, please use the contact form included on my site. I would request that you please not reply to this message to contact me unless you're not able to reach me by any other means. Thank you.

Enjoy,

Matt McCauley
Columbia, SC
http://marionscgen.homeip.net

Re: New site for Marion Co, SC, surrounding, and nearby counties genealogy

Posted: 2 Sep 2004 11:26AM GMT
Surnames: Page
Matt,

I could not get on to the website. Which Page family are you linked to?
Thanks,
SGM

Posted: 2 Sep 2004 3:57PM GMT
Surnames: Page, Bennett, Adams
I'm sorry for the inconvience. My server was not up and running this morning. I do have it started now, though. Please let me know if you have any further difficulties loading my site.

As for the Page family. I'm descended from Solomon Page (1760-1837) who married Sarah (Ford?). They resided near Lake View in Dillon County, which was a part of old Marion District at that time. I'm a descendant of two of Solomon's sons, James (E.? and/or R?) Page and John F. Page.

I'm also researching the other 4 major Page families in the surrounding counties of the same time period: Joseph Page who resided on Ashpole Swamp in Robeson Co, NC, Thomas Page who resided on Buck Swamp in Marion Co, SC, David Page, who resided in Horry Co, SC, and Jesse Page, who resided in Dillon Co, SC but whose children moved to Macon Co, GA.

Let me know if you're related to any of these families of Pages.

Thanks,

--
Matt McCauley
Columbia, SC
http://marionscgen.homeip.net/

Susan (View posts)
Posted: 3 Sep 2004 11:06AM GMT
I have worked on many names in Marion County. At this time I am working on a Kermit Page born Jan 26, 1905 in VA???
He died April 1973 in Horry County, SC.
According to his relatives, he lived in Lake View, SC most of his life. He might have come from VA. but I am not sure.
His son was Kermit Eldridge Page (1929-1983).
This information is for a relative of mine.
SGM

Posted: 5 Sep 2004 10:57PM GMT
Edited: 6 Sep 2004 12:39PM GMT
Susan,

Please email me at matthew.mccauley@gmail.com so that we can carry on more extensive conversation and exchange information about the Pages. I've got TONS of information on the ancestors and relatives of Kermit. Kermit was a cousin of mine.

Thanks,

Matt

Posted: 23 Mar 2009 7:10PM GMT
Our Marion County Page Line goes up from John Samule Page, Jr. (b. Jul 14 1861) and has been proven all the way back to Thomas Page (b. abt. 1750).

Posted: 28 Mar 2009 5:23PM GMT
I still cannot get on the website. Is something wrong?

Posted: 21 Apr 2014 11:13PM GMT
I am suppose to be decendant of Solomon Page family. I am judy page rasberry from lake view sc and now live in florence sc . My dad was joseph ben page (Frances Pauline Faulk Page) of lake view sc. His dad was joe a page (mittie Herring Page) of lake view sc His dad was Harlee/Harley Smith Page sr (bettie Adams Page of Lake view sc. His dad was Jim E Page then maybe Soloman and by rhe way MY brother Kermit Eldridge Page was born june 8,1929 AND DIED IN LAKE VIEW SC IN AUGUST 19,1983. HE has a son by the name of Michael Eldridge Page that lives in Florence sc. my e mail is judypagerasberry@gmail.com Most of my page family are buried at Bear Swamp Baptist Church Cem near Lake view sc. Soloman, jim E, and HarleyHarlee are buried in field in Grainger-Page cem on Bear swamp Church Road that runs into Hwy # 9 GOING TOWARD NICHOLS SC . APRIL 21, 2014

Posted: 18 Aug 2014 3:21PM GMT
Maybe Matt can post when his server will be running....same problem as Harry.
Server not found

Firefox can't find the server at marionscgen.homeip.net.

Check the address for typing errors such as ww.example.com instead of www.example.com
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic