Search for content in message boards

STEPHENS Cemetery Woodbury, Cannon Co. TN.

STEPHENS Cemetery Woodbury, Cannon Co. TN.

Nelda Conant (View posts)
Posted: 9 Apr 2006 8:14AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: STEPHENS WHITLEY
Does anyone know who is buried in the STEPHENS Cemetery in Woodbury, Cannon Co. TN.
I am looking for the resting places of Elijah (Elizah) STEPHENS b-abt.1811 and his wife Martha WHITLEY STEPHENS b-abt.1818 NC. and Martha's mother Elizabeth WHITLEY b-abt.1795 TN.
I have no idea the year they passed.
Your help is most appreciated.
Thank you,
Nelda

Re: STEPHENS Cemetery Woodbury, Cannon Co. TN.

Posted: 11 Apr 2006 8:33AM GMT
Surnames: Stephens
"Tombstone Records of Cannon Co Tennesse" by Jess and Joanna Lewis, 2nd Edition, 2001
Elijah Stephens Jr., DOB 10/27/1810 DOD 01/25/1903, SP: Martha, FAMILY NAME: Stephens, Brewer Cemetery
Martha Stephens, DOB 01/18/1819 DOD 10/26/1869, SP: Elijah, Jr., Brewer Cemetery
Brewer Cemetery: In Woodbury, on Main Street turn North on Doolittle Road and go .25 Miles. Adjacent to Stones River Hospital. Also known as Wiley Cemetery.
Hope this is who you are looking for.
Sherrie Barber

Posted: 11 Apr 2006 3:23PM GMT
Surnames: STEPHENS
Thank you so much....You are an angel....
I am sure this is who I am looking for.....
Thank you, you have made my day....
Nelda

John (View posts)
Posted: 14 Apr 2006 1:44AM GMT
The Cannon County cemetery book has a mistake as it lists Elijah Stephens JR while the tombstone is marked Elijah Stephens SR. This may make a difference to someone researching this family.
John

Sherrie Barber (View posts)
Posted: 14 Apr 2006 6:45AM GMT
Surnames: Stephens
Thank you. I know that this book has numerous mistakes. I can only give source and quote from the book. Both Dekalb and Rutherford Counties also have books published covering cemetery transcriptions. Some cemeteries from Cannon Co. are, fortunately, also transcribed in these volumns.
Sherrie Barber

Posted: 14 Apr 2006 7:46AM GMT
Surnames: STEPHENS WHITLEY
I want to thank you again for the burial place information on Elijah and Martha STEPHENS.
As for the Sr. or Jr...I was in hopes that it would tell me that Elijah's father was also named Elijah, with high hopes I could locate Elijah's parents and where they are from. So this tells me they probably do not have the same first name with the Jr. error.
As far as error's go, there are many from anything that is transcribed, being human. I still have to thank the ones also for the work they did in transcribing, even with error's the info is helpful.
If anyone knows anything about this STEPHENS family, Elijah STEPHENS and spouse Martha WHITLEY STEPHENS, I would really appreciate the info on who their parents were and came from.
Martha's mother is Elizabeth WHITLEY.
Thank you again for your help and time...
Nelda

Posted: 6 Feb 2014 6:31AM GMT
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions