Search for content in message boards

DeBusk or DuBosc or DeBouse

DeBusk or DuBosc or DeBouse

Posted: 17 Dec 2002 2:49AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 7 Jan 2004 3:51AM GMT
Am trying to confirm that my "DeBusk" (as it is spelled now) came from the Normandie area to South Carolina US about the year 1685. The story that has been passed down through the generations is that our DeBusk ancestor came from the village of Varengeville in Normandy, near Dieppe and his wife is supposed to have come from LaRochelle. The earliest name I have is Jacob DeBusk born about 1734. I am descended from his son Elijah DeBusk, Sr. born about 1760.

Anyone out there that can shed some light on this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Re: DeBusk or DuBosc or DeBouse

mona debouse (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jul 2003 11:12PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: i'm offspring of donald debouse in tulsa,ok
hi i'm very interrested in your back ground . as for as my farther goes he is in tulsa,oklahoma and i often wander where our people come from . please write me to see i f we are related. my name is mona debouse i have three brothers and one beautyful sister. write soon

mona debouse (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jul 2003 11:13PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: i'm offspring of donald debouse in tulsa,ok
hi i'm very interrested in your back ground . as for as my farther goes he is in tulsa,oklahoma and i often wander where our people come from . please write me to see i f we are related. my name is mona debouse i have three brothers and one beautyful sister. write soon

Bryan Thompson (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jul 2003 9:35PM GMT
Surnames: DeBusk
I may be able to help, somewhat, I also descended from Elijah DeBusk.

Bryan Thompson
Charleston, SC

Posted: 22 Mar 2007 2:41AM GMT
Surnames: DeBusk, DeBose
I am also descended from Elijah DeBusk Sr. and Katherine Rouse. Elijah's father was Jacob DeBusk and his father was Antonie DuBose. I believe this Antonie is the son of Isaac DuBose and Suzanne Couillandeau but I have been unable to prove it. I would love to correspond with anyone from the same line.

Posted: 9 Apr 2007 4:33AM GMT
Surnames: DuBose
Hello,
I have an old book that says I am descended from Isaac and Suzanne. I see that one of their sons was Antoine DuBose. But I don't see his descendents. The book talks about an Antoine du Bosc that was "a Kings' counselor and ambassador to the Netherlands." I'm just starting out so don't have much information. I am from South Texas. Where are you>?
Elaine DuBose Carter

Posted: 9 Apr 2007 3:11PM GMT
What is the name of the book that you have. I believe that I am descended from the Antonie DuBosc that was the son of Isaac and Suzanne, but I have been unable to prove that so far. I have the information for Isaac's ancestors but I can not tie them to my line.
I am in Tucson, AZ.

Posted: 2 Aug 2007 7:34AM GMT
I am also a descendant of Elijah Debusk..my greatgrandmother is Lela Debusk.

Posted: 2 Aug 2007 5:28PM GMT
Hello,

I am very interested in Antonie DeBusk/DeBouse/De Bosc. Please email me at: wincie1@sbcglobal.net

I research for several years but have taken a break for a few years. Just today happened to see the posts on the message boards.

My great-grandfather was Christopher Columbus DeBusk.

Wincie Buckner Hendricks

Posted: 2 Aug 2007 5:38PM GMT
Surnames: DeBusk, Buckner
I just sent you an email but wanted to let you know that today after taking a few years break from family research, I am back tracing the family. My family, both Buckner and DeBusk, moved from Virginia to Tennessee, then some of them landed in Arkansas, Louisianna, etc.

Would like to corresond about our connection.

Wincie Buckner Hendricks
email: wincie1@sbcglobal.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions