Search for content in message boards

A Saunders tree from VA to Missouri

A Saunders tree from VA to Missouri

Roy Saunders (View posts)
Posted: 8 Apr 2000 8:19PM GMT
I have come upon a rather extensive Saunders line that starts with four brothers, Issac, David, Julius and John Saunders in tidewater Virginia in the mid 1700's, through West Virginia to Missouri and elsewhere up to the present that I will email to anyone interested. It appeared in the Virginia Genealogy Quarterly in 1967. However, my interest is in the ancestors of these brothers, because I believe they are somehow connected to a William and his son Julius Sanders who moved from New Kent County to Goochland/Albemarle/Fluvanna counties, Va in the 1700's. The 1810 Census of New Kent County Va shows an Isaac, Julius, John and a George Saunders. This line is well documented, runs for nine pages, and carries the lines of Isaac and David in Richmond Va and Whitesville MO especially. My email address is roy_saunders@hotmail.com. If anybody can tie these brothers to their father, mother and their parents in Virginia, please let me know.

Ewell Lee Saunders-MO

Sandy (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jul 2000 7:27PM GMT
Roy my grandfather was Ewell Lee Saunders,
I think he was born on 1/25/1897, I also know
he live and died in St Joesph, Mo. I have been
told he married many times. My grandmother's
name is Roxie Neomie(Knott)Saunders
b 11/4/1897 d 1960s. Would you please check and
see if he is listed in this family tree. I am
be very interested in finding our Saunders family
tree information. Thanks in advance. Sandy

Mildred Via

Posted: 13 Sep 2000 6:08PM GMT
Edited: 21 Mar 2002 1:11AM GMT
I am looking for a Mildred Frances Saunders born abt 1823 in Nelson Co. Va. According to her Marriage License. She Married Thompson Via on 2 April 1868 in Nelson Co. Va. They had one son Charles Walker Via born 1870. Mildred's parents listed as John and Mildred T. Saunders. Looking for any Information anyone has. Thank you. Helen hstogdale@yahoo.com

William Saunders

Posted: 28 Mar 2001 10:42PM GMT
Edited: 1 Dec 2001 7:21PM GMT
I have been working on my mothers ancestors. William Saunders, B 1814 in Virginia. Married a Sarah Murphy of NC.abt. 1836. Left NC after third child was born bet. 1841 -1845 to Lebanon, Laclede Co., MISSOURI. Do not know Williams parents.

Sanders in Missouri

Posted: 2 Apr 2001 6:25PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jun 2001 6:17AM GMT
Hi there, I havn't been able to go back very far with my Sanders line, but I can get back to near Laclede County. I have a marriage liscense where my grandmother Laura Sanders married my grandfather Dan Coleman at Lead Mine which is in Dallas County, but right on the border between of LaClede County. I think Lebanon was one of the closest cities to do any major business at back then. My grandparents were married in 1904. I do not know anything about them really prior to this time except my great grandma was born in Nebraska and my great grandfather was born possibly in North Carolina.

William Saunders

Posted: 5 Apr 2001 6:54PM GMT
Edited: 1 Dec 2001 7:21PM GMT
I dont find a Laura Saunders or any Colemans in my family. The Saunders were many many in Laclede County. I really haven't found any there yet who were not related , but not familiar with your names .

Laclede county

Posted: 6 Apr 2001 4:49PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jun 2001 6:17AM GMT
Thank you for checking for my names.

Mrs. Mildred Thompson

sherron sanders (View posts)
Posted: 8 May 2001 6:35PM GMT
John Merry Saunders married Mrs. Mildred
Thompson April 1790
She was Milley Griffin born 1770 Amherst Va
married Archibald Thompson April 1785 had
a daughter Mildred Archer Thompson 1786
Archibald died 1787, later 1790 married John Saunders

Mrs. Mildred Thompson

sherron sanders (View posts)
Posted: 8 May 2001 6:39PM GMT
John Merry Saunders married Mrs. Mildred
Thompson April 1790
She was Milley Griffin born 1770 Amherst Va
married Archibald Thompson April 1785 had
a daughter Mildred Archer Thompson 1786
Archibald died 1787, later 1790 married John Saunders

Re: A Saunders tree from VA to Missouri

Ed Catterson (View posts)
Posted: 2 Feb 2003 7:24AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Saunders
I believe that I have seen this family tree you speak of , it was in a Nodaway county , Missouri history . I have done extensive census info on the Saunders family in Missouri after 1850, if you are interested.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic