Search for content in message boards

Joseph Copeland and Sarah Seahorn

Joseph Copeland and Sarah Seahorn

Posted: 23 Aug 2008 5:16AM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for info on Joseph Copeland B. abt.1728 that married a Sarah Seahorn B.abt 1734 with a son Solomon B.1774 that married a Rebecca Davis B. abt 1772?

Re: Joseph Copeland and Sarah Seahorn

Posted: 6 Oct 2008 3:48PM GMT
Surnames: Copeland, Woodley
I have some info on Joseph and Sarah. Incidentally, they were 2nd cousins! They had Woodley ancestors in common.
Let me know what info you need on Joseph and Sarah.

Posted: 7 Oct 2008 1:29PM GMT
Surnames: Copeland, Seahorn
Joseph and Sarah are my ancestors also. I've been searching for proof that Sarah was actually a Seahorn and that they were married. How exciting that you actually have found this. Could you please share what you have? This is exciting? I'm related through Zacheus.

Posted: 7 Oct 2008 2:07PM GMT
Surnames: Copeland Seahorn Woodley
Can you post what you have found documenting their marriage and relationship ? There are MANY researchers who have been looking for this information for years. This is a fantastic find !

Posted: 7 Oct 2008 5:08PM GMT
Surnames: Copeland, Seahorn, Woodley
Oh my goodness; I don't have any more "paper proof" than the next person, but in my 10 years of wandering through the online info (including censuses, wills, court findings, and personal sites) I have come to the belief that Sarah Jane Seahorn was a daughter of Nicholas Zahaun of Holland and Catherine Woodley of VA. Catherine's dad was John Woodley Jr, born abt 1700, son of John Woodley Sr of Barbados and Catherine Wilson. (John Woodley Sr first married Frances Wilson, no known children.) John Woodley Sr was a brother of Mary Martha Elizabeth Woodley who married Joseph Copeland. Mary M E Woodley and Joseph Copeland had a big family; I descend from their son William who married Marjorie Lott. I have not yet found proof of Sarah Seahorn and Joseph A Copeland's marriage, and his will names his wife as Sarah but does not mention her maiden name.

I have only been doing family research for 10 years,so the above is pretty much all I have on Sarah Seahorn's ancestry.

Posted: 7 Oct 2008 5:26PM GMT
Surnames: Woodley Copeland Goddard Bryant
Thanks for the reply posting ! My information pretty much agrees with yours on the Woodley line, although I too am somewhat lacking in solid documentation.

I was unaware that John Woodley Sr. was married to both Frances and Catherine Wilson. They would have been my 7th GG parents. Do you have anything on these two women you could share ?

Also, I show (tentatively) that the parents of John Woodley Sr. were Andrew Woodley and Elizabeth Goddard, and that his grandparents were John Woodley and Catherine Bryant. I still need to better document these links - seems the Woodleys and these folks (Goddard and Bryant) came from Barbados where they were planters in the 1600's. Are you aware of the Barbados connection or do you have anything to prove/disprove these possible connections.

Sounds like we need to get everyone who is interested involved in piecing together our data. Thanks for sharing !

Posted: 10 Oct 2008 10:18PM GMT
Thank you since my post I found some of your research and downloaded a GEN file of the whole line very helpful. My wife comes from Solomon son of Joseph and Sarah. Im still trying to piece evrything together.I have Solomons wife as Rebbeca Davis. Thanks

Posted: 11 Oct 2008 12:22AM GMT
I am going to upload some new Copeland stuff tonight; not much, but check my tree in a couple of days.

Posted: 11 Oct 2008 2:12AM GMT
Surnames: Copeland
Can you please provide the link to your tree ? Would love to check out the new Copeland information. Thank you !

Posted: 29 Jan 2009 1:30AM GMT
What information are you looking for. Part of my family tree shows they had a son Ricketts Copeland, whom I am a direct descendant. Not sure of other children. Let me know if this helps.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic