Search for content in message boards

Johnsons from Mississippi (the Lexington/Greenwood Area)

Johnsons from Mississippi (the Lexington/Greenwood Area)

Posted: 5 Apr 2000 11:22PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jul 2001 5:08PM GMT
I am the granddaughter of George and Katie Johnson. My father's name was James Johnson brothers named George Johnson, Jr., Charlie, Roy, and sisters named Alice, Virgie Lee, Jessie. I am told that our great-great grandmother was Polish and our great-great grandfater was half Cherokee Indian and African. I would like to find out more about this side of my heritage. Please email me if you have any information. The other side of my heritage are Randles and William's from the Lexington, Mississippi area.

Johnsons of Miss

Ricky Johnson (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jun 2000 7:04AM GMT
I dont know if we can help each other but my father wAS NAME CHARLES JOHNSON jr. his brothers was name jessie,johnny and they all move to Ill.

RE: Johnson Family of Mississippi

Posted: 2 Jun 2000 8:20AM GMT
Edited: 24 Jul 2001 5:08PM GMT
Hi, my name is Delores and I am a descendant of George Johnson,Sr. of Mississippi. My father's names was James W. Johnson, Sr. some of his siblings were, Alice (still in Mississippi),George, jr., Jessie (sister), Roy, Charlie, and Virgie Lee. I was born in Chicago and I now reside in Detroit. We may be related. You can reach me at the email address listed above. Have a blessed day!!

Re: Johnsons from Mississippi (the Lexington/Greenwood Area)

Posted: 18 Aug 2001 6:32PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 27 Jun 2005 3:35AM GMT
Surnames: Johnson
My Grandfathers name is Charles or Charlie Johnson married to Mary Bennett and lived in Holly Springs, Miss. as long as I can remember. Need more info. on his family.

Re: Johnsons from Mississippi (the Lexington/Greenwood Area)

Posted: 7 Jan 2003 9:32AM GMT
I think we might be related, would like to compare family info, my gggrandfather is George Johnson.

Posted: 2 Jun 2003 5:02AM GMT
Hello Delores, my name is Roosevelt and I'm also a descendant of a George Johnson of Yazoo City, MS.
My George had a son name James Johnson b. abt 1860, maybe we might be related, it's a very large family. Lets compare notes.

Posted: 5 Oct 2006 4:40AM GMT
Surnames: Mize, Johnson, Anglin
Is this your family?

Census PlaceMidway, Yazoo, Mississippi
Family History Library Film 1254670
NA Film Number T9-0670
Page Number 534A
Jordan JOHNSON Self M Male W 33 MS Laborer MS MS
Martha JOHNSON Wife M Female W 38 MS Keeping House VA MS
Martha JOHNSON Dau S Female W 12 MS MS VA
Joe JOHNSON Son S Male W 8 MS MS VA
Lizzie JOHNSON Dau S Female W 7 MS MS VA
Jennie JOHNSON Dau S Female W 5 MS MS VA
George JOHNSON Son S Male W 1 MS MS VA

My interest is in Martha Johnson whom I believe is Martha Mize, daughter of James Marion Mize and Lydia Anglin. In the 1880 Yazoo Census, James Marion Mize is living next door to Jordan Johnson. Martha's dob matches what I have as dob of Martha Mize.

Is this your family? I have extensive information on the Mize family generations back and looking to add descendants to my information.

Thanks,
Jim Harmon
Oxford, MS

Re: RE: Johnson Family of Mississippi

Posted: 28 Jan 2013 9:54AM GMT
Edited: 28 Jan 2013 9:56AM GMT
Surnames: Johnson/Garner/Cunningham/Dukes/Akins/Cox/Adkins/Windham
I am at a brickwall, I am looking for the descendants of my Grandfather Tom B. Johnson. This is the only information I have. My Great Grandfather was Tom B. Johnson and he was born 1859 in Alcorn County, MS. He was married to a Cora Johnson. In the 1880's census they were living in Newton County, MS and all of their children were born in Newton County, MS. His children were Randolph Johnson born 1880, Sarah Johnson born 1883, Della Johnson born 1886, Eva Johnson born 1889, Tom B. Johnson born 1893, Willie G. Garner born 1890 and Flossy Garner born 1899. I am looking for the descendants. My Great Grandfather Tom B. Johnson may had some relatives in Alcorn County and Claiborne County, MS. I strongly believe he may still have some relatives in Newton County, Lawrence County and Scott County, MS.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic