Search for content in message boards

Budd family of Fayette, IA

Budd family of Fayette, IA

Posted: 9 Jul 2008 12:07AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Budd
I am looking for an obituary for Jesse E. Budd who died 29 Dec 1902 and is buried in Grandview Cemetery in Fayette Co. His wife was Katherine "Katie". I do not have her death date. They lived in Fayette for many years. If anyone knows more about this family please contact me at manpapa@cwnet.com

Re: Budd family of Fayette, IA

Posted: 9 Jul 2008 1:28PM GMT
Surnames: Budd, Rathburn, McBroom
Not an obit, but maybe some useful info
1885 Iowa State Census, Washington Street, Fayette, Iowa
Budd, Jesse E, 53, hardware ????, NY
Katie, 45, MO
Maggie, 21, teacher, b. Fayette Co
Jessie, 18, teacher, b. Fayette Co
John, 12, student, b. Fayette Co

1900 census Fayette, Fayette, IA
Budd, Jesse E, head, b. Mar 1831, m 40 yrs, NY NY NY
Kate E, wife, b. Jan 1840, m 40 yrs, 3 of 6 childen living, MO VA AR

John Budd was in Jackson MS in 1910

Jessie M Budd became Mrs Dell C Rathburn by 1910 according to the census. They had a daughter Katherine who became Mrs Lewis E McBroom in Los Angeles, CA about 1929

I'm not related

Re: Budd family of Fayette, IA

Posted: 10 Jul 2008 4:32AM GMT
Surnames: Budd
Thank you for the information. Some of it is new for me. It will give me more leads to follow.........

Shirley

Re: Jesse E. Budd married Katie Mallow Oct. 12, 1859 of Fayette, IA

Posted: 10 Mar 2013 1:31AM GMT
Classification: Biography
Surnames: Budd Mallow
1878 History of Fayette County Iowa - Fayette Township
Page 702

BUDD, Jesse E., of the firm of Budd & Montgomery, dealers in hardware, wagons, carriages, sleighs, plows, paints, oils, etc.; born in Schodack, N. Y., March 27, 1831; came to Centralia, Dubuque Co., Iowa, in the Spring of 1857; removed to Earlville, Delaware Co., Iowa, in the Spring of 1858, and resided there until he came to Smithfield Tp., Fayette Co., in the Spring of 1860; in the Spring of 1872, he came to Fayette, and engaged in his present business ever since he came here. He was County Supervisor for two years before the township organization; in Smithfield Tp., he held the following offices; two years Justice of the Peace, Township Trustee, School Director, etc.; he is at the present time member of the School Board; was one of the Trustees of the Upper Iowa University, from June, 1874, to June, 1877. Married Katie E. Mallow Oct. 12, 1859; she was born in New Madrid Co., Mo., Jan. 4, 1840; they have had six children - Sally M., died Sept. 13, 1861, aged 1 year 1 month and 21 days; Jennie M., died ____ 1862, aged ____; Georgie E., died June 26, 1875, aged 6 years and 2 months; the living children are Maggie M., born Dec. 8, 1863; Jessie M., born Aug. 5, 1866; John H., born Oct. 1, 1872. Mr. and Mrs. Budd are members of the M. E. Church.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic