Search for content in message boards

Donnelly, Patterson, Coogan

Donnelly, Patterson, Coogan

Betty Smith (View posts)
Posted: 19 Mar 2002 5:42AM GMT
Classification: Query
Would like to find any information on either of these surnames. All from Co Kilkenny.

Re: Donnelly, Patterson, Coogan

Donna Archer (View posts)
Posted: 22 Mar 2002 1:12PM GMT
My Donnelly's came from Kilkenny a place called Johns well 4miles or so out of Kilkenny

Donna

Betty Smith (View posts)
Posted: 23 Mar 2002 4:51AM GMT
Hi, Johnswell is the name of the cemetery where my Donnelly grandparents are buried. My grandfather was Martin Donnelly b ?13 Nov 1865 Tiscoffin, Kilkenny, Ireland. His father ? Pat Donelly and mother ____ Maginnis. Spelling may not be right.
She was from Faurnifei. My grandfather married Nora Patterson from Coolcullen, Co Carlow, Ire. They lived and brought up their family in Leaf Hill, Co Kilkenny. Leaf Hill, Kilkenny, Faurnifei and Coolcullen, Carlow border each other.
We need to stay in contact. Betty Smith bettyws@hotmail.com

Betty Smith (View posts)
Posted: 25 Apr 2002 4:10AM GMT
Donnelly, Patterson, Coogan may be from Kilkenny or Carlow Counties, not just Kilkenny.

Betty Smith (View posts)
Posted: 25 Apr 2002 4:31AM GMT
Would appreciate info on Donnellys from Johnswell. Near my Donnellys. Betty bettyws@hotmail.com

Posted: 6 May 2002 5:15AM GMT
Hi Donna, I'm anxious to compare notes with you about our Donnelly's from Johnswell. Betty Smith bettyws@hotmail.com

Posted: 1 Jun 2002 8:22AM GMT
Edited: 27 Jan 2004 1:37PM GMT
Surnames: Donnelly
Dear Betty

I would love to compare notes . My G G Great grandfather was John Donnelly He was born at Johnswell and His father was James Donnelly his wife Ann Unknown

regards Donna

Betty Smith (View posts)
Posted: 6 Aug 2002 5:33AM GMT
Hi Donna, I, too, want to compare notes with you. My grandfather, Martin Donnelly, b 1865 is buried in Johnswell Cem. Was told his mother,____ Mcguinness was from Baurnafea, Co Kilkenny, on the border between Co Carlow and Co. Kilkenny. Your 3ggrandfather, John Donnelly, may well be my greatgrandfather.
Martin Donnelly had two children that survived: John Donnelly and Mary Donnelly (my mother) b 1902. Maybe he named his son after his father. He, Martin, married Nora or Annie Patterson from Coolcullen, also on the border between Co Carlow and Co Kilkenny. Her mother was a Coogan.
Love to hear from you. Betty Smith bettyws@hotmail.com

Posted: 11 Aug 2002 11:14AM GMT
Edited: 27 Jan 2004 1:37PM GMT
Surnames: Donnelly
Dear Betty

how are you I have not found much more information only that my Donnelly John was born johnswell about 1822? and married in ireland in 1853 to a Bridget Dollard and came to australia in 1854/55 His fatheer was James Donnelly I am trying to find out more but not having much luck it sounds as if there could be some important info somewhere.

keep in touch via my mail I would love to find more

Regards Donna

Betty Smith (View posts)
Posted: 12 Aug 2002 3:07AM GMT
Hi Donna, My Martin Donnelly was b 1865, m Nora Patterson b ? Castlecomer, Co Kilkenny.
Parents of Nora: John Patterson, Johanna Coogan.
Parents of Martin: f____ Donnelly, m _____McGuinness of Baurnafea, Co Kilkenny. I dont know if Martin had a brother John Donnelly. He had a son by that name who never married and died in Kilkenny.
Martin Donnelly wife, Nora, and son John are buried in Johnswell Cemetery.
Would like your email address. Betty Smith bettyws@hotmail.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic