Search for content in message boards

Berry Book

Berry Book

Posted: 3 Mar 2002 8:57AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 16 Aug 2002 5:58AM GMT
Surnames: Berry
I've seen some reference to a "Berry Book" mentioned in the archives. Does anybody know the exact name, author and where one might be able to obtain one? The address for the Beverly Rogers that was referring to it, no longer works.
Thanks!

Re: Berry Book

Posted: 26 Mar 2002 12:50AM GMT
Edited: 10 Apr 2002 8:07AM GMT
The 'Berry Book' I know of was written by Andrew Jackson 'Jack Pope' of Tx. He is still alive as far as I know. He was a Judge at one time. This Berry line he writes on is the Berry line of John Berry of Indiana....he lst marr my gggg grandfather's dau Betsy Smeathers, 2nd m Gracie Treat in In, she d 1830 Tx, 3rd marr Hannah Devore in Tx-she being the line of Audie Leon Murphy.

If you email me personally, I will look for an email addy of someone whom you might write too and see abt a copy if you desire. hope this helps.

Posted: 25 Apr 2002 6:40PM GMT
Edited: 1 Jun 2002 2:54PM GMT
If you do run across the correct one, please let me know. Her mother (Lillian) was involved in gathering the info about 20+ years ago and I think we supplied them with info and they shared with us. I didn't do anything with it (too busy), now I'd like to get back in contact. I had the book but I think I loaned it and can't find at the moment. At that time they lived in Royal Oak, Michigan. I have a lot of the lineage back to Henry Berry coming from England in 1650 to the Kentucky Berry's (Powell and Clark Co). I'm just now beginning to get into the "digging" and putting in the computer but it's possible I may have some info. Be glad to share.

Posted: 5 Jun 2002 5:17PM GMT
Edited: 5 Jun 2002 5:19PM GMT
I have a Berry Book written by Wendell Berry of Chico, TX. Its all about Rev Jesse Day Berry & Martha Jane Willis Berry and their children. They had 10 children. Jesse was born in Hawkins Co, TN to Thomas & Hannah (Day) Berry. He is listed in the Pioneer Baptist Preachers of TN.
Jesse and Martha's children are:
James W. Berry b.1840 TN d.1889 TX
John A. Berry b. 1844 TN d 1889 TX
William Mack Berry b.1845 TN d 1909 TN
Robert Wilson Berry b. 1847 TN d 1916 TX
Tilman H. b 1848 TN d.1924 TX
Elbert C Berry b 1853 TN
Mary Elizabeth b 1855 TN d. 1921 TX
Thomas Jefferson Berry (my gggrandfather) b 1856 TN d.1942 VA
Jesse Dayton Berry b. 1860 TN
Martha Emma b 1861 TN d. 1933 TX

There is also an entire section on Capt James W. Berry (Jesse and Martha's first son) and list his entire family. He married a Elizabeth Jane Pearson b.1842 TN d. 1926 TX. They had 14 children. They moved from TN to MO then on to Texas were most of the children grew up. Both are buried in Grapevine Cemetery, Grapevine, TX.
If anyone has any more info, I would love to share!!

Posted: 6 Jun 2002 5:41AM GMT
Edited: 16 Aug 2002 5:58AM GMT
Surnames: Berry, Dacis, Breese
Jenny,
Thanks for the reply. I'm looking for several unassociated Berry families but the main one is a Charles Berry, father of Charles Pittman Berry who married Marth Ann Davis 18 Jan 1853 in New Castle, Henry, IN. Some of their children are:
Mary Indamae Berry (22 Jun 1865 Kokomo, Indiana)
George Loranzo Berry (3 Jan 1869 Kokomo, Indiana)
John Harman Berry (28 Mar 1872 KoKomo, Indiana)
Margaret Ann Berry ( 23 May 1862 Tipton, Indiana)
m. Albert Valentine Breese
Does any of this fit into the "Berry Book"?
Thanks!
Sally
rdswatkins@msn.com

Posted: 18 Aug 2002 6:21PM GMT
This particular Berry book interests me greatly as James W. Berry is my gggrandfather. If anyone has an extra copy or knows where to find one, please let me know.

Or, if that is impossible, the name of a library which would be willing to do an interlibrary loan.

Thanks,

Liz

Posted: 18 Aug 2002 7:07PM GMT
The man that published it is Wendell Berry....his address is
PO Box 406 Chico, TX 76030....not sure if thats current....but I would LOVE to share info with you. This book contains most of Capt James Berry's family, articles on him etc.....I could even copy the pages for you. Please email me at the above address. Jenny

Posted: 23 Feb 2005 4:44AM GMT
Sally,
I'm not sure if I've replied to you before this, but I believe I'm the Beverly Rogers that you mentioned. My mother authored a book "Berrys and Related Families 1650 to 1986". The Berry line that we decend from immigrated from England in the mid 1650s and settled in Virginia. Some of the decendents later moved west to Kentucky, Ohio, Indiana, TN, etc.

We have a few in the line named Charles and Margaret but I'm not sure this is what you're looking for. Please let me know if you're still interested and I can dig a bit further. If you still want to purchase a copy of the books, send me an e-mail and we discuss the details. Thanks. Bev
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions