Search for content in message boards

Corp. Vernon LeMar Berrey and Zane Richard Berrey WWII Obituaries

Corp. Vernon LeMar Berrey and Zane Richard Berrey WWII Obituaries

Posted: 20 May 2012 6:03AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Berrey
I am trying to access the obituaries of these two brothers who were kill in action in 1945. This is what I get on the Bear Lake web site when I look under WWII Obituaries: Not Found The requested URL /~idbearla/berreybrothers.htm was not found on this server. Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS) Server at www.rootsweb.ancestry.com Port 80.

I tried others and they come up fine. I have yet to find the specific editions of news papers noted on some of their military records, like March 1946 Deseret News and Salt Lake Tribune.

Does anyone have copies or transcriptions of these news articles?

Re: Corp. Vernon LeMar Berrey and Zane Richard Berrey WWII Obituaries

Posted: 20 May 2012 7:58PM GMT
These Obits should be found on Micro film at Bear Lake County Library, 138 N 6th, in The News-Examiner, A weekly paper published, in that time period in Montpelier,Idaho..

The Berry Familys were well known in that area .. More info may be at LDS Family History Center on Washington St.between 6th and 7th Streets just West of BearLake JR
High school..

K J Allred.

Posted: 24 May 2012 4:24PM GMT
Classification: Death
I may have some information regardingboth men. I am the service officer for the local VFW post here in Montpelier.

I will check today and get back.

regards:

Ray

Posted: 18 Oct 2012 2:48AM GMT
Lentze,
Trying to reach you about the Mayer ancestors in Dauphin Co. Bill LaBach passed your message along to me and I have some info for you.

Posted: 15 Nov 2012 5:42AM GMT
Thanks to Marsha Passey, director of the Bear Lake Family History Center in Montpelier, who sent me an image with the obituary.

I have transcribed it and added this transcription to a Word Doc I am compiling about the brothers. I have attached the image here, and with the transcription on their pages on the Kenneth Elbert Hacking Family Tree on Ancestry.com.

I have also requested Find A Grave to transfer their memorials to me so I can add data, bio, and family links.

Corp. Vernon L. Berrey
Created by: CWGC/ABMC
Record added: Aug 07, 2010
Find A Grave Memorial# 56296743

SSgt. Zane R. Berrey
Created by: CWGC/ABMC
Record added: Aug 08, 2010
Find A Grave Memorial# 56758928
Attachments:
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions