Search for content in message boards

BOWLER FAMILY DENTON AND HYDE

BOWLER FAMILY DENTON AND HYDE

Posted: 29 Jul 2009 4:48PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: BOWLER
I AM TRYING TO TRACE MY MOTHERS FAMILY WHO COME FROM DENTON AND HYDE IN CHESHIRE.

Re: BOWLER FAMILY DENTON AND HYDE

Posted: 5 Sep 2009 4:42PM GMT
hi there!! what do you want to know? i have quite a lot on bowler family denton and hyde. my mums grandad is from there and she was a bowler!! i've done a bit of searching and come across the family. also some that i haven't been able to link with us yet,as well as the bowlers that moved to london as hatters and continue to be hatters AND invented the bowler hat!!!
my grandad was james bowler born 1920, his father was ben bowler born 1880, his grandad was bigland born 1844, his gt grandad was james born 1811 and finally gt gt grandad joseph born 1796.
samantha

Posted: 1 Feb 2010 3:39PM GMT
Hi Sam,
I gather you did not get a response from this query?

All my best
Mike.

Mike Morris
Toronto Canada

Posted: 20 Feb 2010 4:18PM GMT
Hi Mike
sorry just seen your post!
No never got a reply to this.
Wonder what he was looking for?
He could have had some info for us too!!
Maybe he's descended from the 'Bowler Hatters'!!
Sam

Posted: 21 Feb 2010 7:57PM GMT
Hi Sam,
Its frustrating when they dont bother looking to see if they had any response. Between us we might have saved them years of searching. I could not even access an e-mail address :((

Mike
Toronto Canada

Posted: 22 Feb 2010 7:28AM GMT
Yeah i know
Have you managed to do anything further on Thomas Grundy, Janes father. Ive not really had chance to look.
Going to search today some time.
Cuz Sam

Posted: 22 Feb 2010 2:09PM GMT
HI Sam,
my computer is back on form now, so you can contact me direct.

Janes father was named John Grundy not Thomas Grundy. I have not found any other clues relating to him yet...

All mt best

Cuz Mike

Mike Morris
Toronto Canada

Posted: 22 Mar 2010 9:09PM GMT
Hi Samantha, Sorry not to have replied sooner. Your post has just come up - could have been there for a while, not to up on all this. Anyway, My mother was Edith Bowler, born 1911,daughter of James Bowler born ?1884. He had four brothers, Ben, Robert, John and Bertram. James married Elizabeth Robinson (Lizzie) at Holy Trinity Gee Cross. My mother didn't have me until she was 45 and she died in 1997 aged 86 having had dementia for about 5years. Her sister Sarah (Kitty) died a number of years before and so I don't have much information to go on. Do you think we are related? Julia.

Posted: 22 Mar 2010 9:42PM GMT
Hi Julia
Yes we are related. Ben is my Gt Grandfather!! His son James was my Grandad and his Daughter Valerie is my Mum.
Welcome to the family!!
Let me know if theres any info you need.
Samantha Race b1975

Posted: 22 Mar 2010 9:48PM GMT
james 1884 and my Gt Grandad Ben were brothers NOT your mother as his sister. Sorry if i've confused you it gets so confusing sometimes with all the blooming names and dates!!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic