Search for content in message boards

John Geahart's Family History

John Geahart's Family History

Posted: 24 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 Dec 2001 6:01AM GMT
Surnames: Gearhart
I am the son of Francis Ray Gearhart and Nancy Linzey. He is the son of John Adam Gearhart and Ruby Anderson. John Adam is the son of Joseph William Gearhart and Rosa Anna Wagner. Joseph William is the son of John M. Gearhart and Elizabeth Crab. John M. Gearhart is the son of John Packwood Gearhart and Silence Whittle. John Packwood is the son of Peter Gearhart. Peter Gearhart is the son of Peter Gearhart. This line started in Pa., moved to Va., then moved to Ky. , then to Ill., and finally to Ks. I am trying to find the information on both of the Peter Gearhart's wives. Any info would be helpful. By the way, The second Peter Gearhart fought in the Revolutionary War and John M. Gearhart's brother, who's name is Levi Gearhart fought in the Civil War and died in Andersonville Prison. I am looking for any information on any of the Gearharts in this line. I also have information for anyone who is related to this line.

Peter Gearhart

Posted: 28 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 21 Jul 2002 12:35AM GMT
I have found that Iam a dirrect descendant to Peter Gearhart of Indiana County Pa. 1840-1845 was time frame.He was a farmer.Could he be the Peter or a descendant of the one you write of ?

Info on the Gearharts

Posted: 30 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 21 Jul 2002 12:35AM GMT
Iam looking for any information you may have on the Gearharts in Pa.Thanks.

Peter Gearhart

Posted: 30 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
The Peter Gearhart that I'm looking for would have been born sometime around 1770 up to 1790.
Posted: 15 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 5:11AM GMT
Surnames: Gearhart, perkins, Kuhns, Wingfeild, Teal, Wright, Wolffskhil, Dudley
Hello. I also Decend from Peter Gearhart Sr. My line is Ralph Gearhart md. Lennis Gearhart (my grandparents) daughter of Clarence Albert Gearhart md. Minnie Mae Kuhns. son of John Peter Gearhart and Ida Emma Wingfeild, son of John W. Gearhart and Elizabeth Teal (Teel), son of William Gearhart and Elizabeth Wright, son of Peter Gearhart and Anna Margretha Wolffskhil, son of Leonard J. Gearhart and Elizabeth Dudley. I noticed you didn't have Leonard J. and Elizabeth, so here is what I have on them.
Leonard J. Gearhart b. 1687 in Lettweiler, Rheinland Pfatz, Germany. d. 7 Apr 1722 in Norrington, PA bur. in Philidelphia Co., PA. He Came to America with his family on the ship Loyal Judith,Lovell Paynter captain,from Rotterdam and last from Deal. Arriving in Philadelphia,Pa. where he took the oath on Nov. 25, 1740. He and wife lived last at Norriton in Philadephia Co.,Pa. where he died in 1772. He married Elizabeth Dudley in 1741 in PA daughter of Stephan Dudley, b. 9 Feb 1712 in Exeter, Rockingham Co., NH d. 1777 in Philadelphia Co., PA bur. in Philidelphia Co., PA.

I have much information on this family. I am more than happy to trade notes if you like.
Shannon

Re: Gearharts

Posted: 11 Aug 2001 5:13AM GMT
Surnames: Gearhart
Shannon,
I have tried to e-mail you about the Gearharts. All have been returned, stating that the E-mail address is un-deliverable. If you have a place to be reached, I would love to hear from you about the Gearharts.

Re: John Geahart's Family History

Stephanie Mcgehee (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jan 2003 7:32PM GMT
Hi John,
My sister-in-law is Valinda Gearhart McGehee Rodriguez. Her father is Vernon. She has not talked with him in years and is interested in the family history. She is eager to be in contact with you and share her information. You can contact her through me at my email.

Re: John Geahart's Family History

Posted: 23 Feb 2005 9:14AM GMT
I am related to mageline gearhart kilgore. I have been trying to find out family history related to Lewis T Gearhart and Lauren Gearhart. Their children were magdeline,howard,virginia,lucille,gladis,raymond gearhart. My great gradfather Lewis had owned property near Christianburg, Va.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions