Search for content in message boards

McHales of Addergoole Parish County Mayo

McHales of Addergoole Parish County Mayo

Kathleen (View posts)
Posted: 22 Sep 2006 9:15PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McHale, McNulty/McNalty
I just found info on my greatgrandmother and her family. Her maiden name was Honora (Honor/Nora) McHale. She married William McHale of Cum Lahardane, also of Addergoole Parish, County Mayo.

Honor's family was from Terry (divided into Terryduff and Terrybaun) County Mayo, which is a townland south of Lahardane, heading for Pontoon.

Parents marriage:

Townland Cuilnakilla
Date of Marriage 2/15/1849
Groom Michael McHale
Bride Catherine McNulty
Sponsors Richard Colman/Anne Anderson

Children:

Townland Terry (for all children)

Child: Thomas Date of Baptism: 12/27/1849 Parents: Michael McHale Catherine McNulty Sponsors: Patrick McHale and Mary Holmes

Child: Bridget Date of Baptism: 8/8/1852 Parents: Michael McHale Catherine McNulty Sponsors: Peter McHale and Mary McNulty - Bridget married James Quinn of Cuilnakillew

Child: Catherine Date of Baptism: 8/6/1853 Parents: Michael McHale Catherine McNulty Sponsors: John Browne and Mary Hagerty

Child: Honor Date of Baptism: 8/11/1859 Parents: Michael McHale Catherine McNulty Sponsors: Richard McNulty and ?

Honor and William were married in Luzerne County PA in 1885. Bridget McHale and James Quinn were married in Ireland, later moving to Luzerne County, PA where they (and Honor and William) lived in Avoca.

There were other children whose records I have not found yet, sisters Ann and Ellen, possibly more.

Additional information:

Other McHale Marriages in Terry, possible relatives

08/08/40 Martin McHale Alice Kelly
07/17/42 Michael McHale Honor McHale
02/23/45 John McHale Cate Ruane
11/12/54 Robert McHale Mary Murray
03/04/67 Eugene McHale Margaret Hoban
02/13/70 John Caufield Anne McHale
01/09/71 Martin McHale Ellen Caufield

Other McHale Baptisms in Terry:

3/17/1840 Bridget Thomas Holmes Bridget McHale
3/30/1842 Mary James McHale Barbara Sweeney
3/x/1840 Patrick Patrick McHale Anne Barrett
6/10/1841 Mary John McHale Mary Loftus
6/30/1843 Ann Michael McHale Honor McHale
8/1/1842 William Thomas Holmes Bridget McHale
9/2/1843 John Martin McHale Alice Kelly
9/21/1877 Ellen Martin McHale Ellen Caulfield
2/28/1840 Anne James McHale Barbara Sweeney

www.olivergilroyfamily.com

Re: McHales of Addergoole Parish County Mayo

Posted: 4 Jun 2013 11:45PM GMT
Surnames: McHale/Padden/Holmes/Mayock of Co. Mayo
I read with great interest your family history.My great grandparents were William Holmes and Mary Mayock who were married in 1859 in Addergoole, Co. Mayo. My grandparents were Thomas Padden and Margaret Holmes. They were married in Belmullet, Co Mayo in 1882 and then emigrated to Plains, Luzerne Co., PA. I believe that Thomas Padden's mother was Mary McHale of the Mullinmore/Addergoole area.
It is interesting that a Mary Holmes was a sponsor for Thomas McHale baptized in 1849. Also, Honora and William McHale lived in Luzerne Co. PA along with Bridget McHale and James Quinn, and my grandparents, Thomas Padden and Margaret Holmes Padden.
Have you ever heard of the Padden/Holmes/Mayock family, first of Addergoole and then Belmullet?

Re: McHales of Addergoole Parish County Mayo

Posted: 5 Jun 2013 4:15AM GMT
Surnames: MCHALES
Hello
Here is one of my Holmes family
HOLMES WILLIAM MARRIED BRIDGET CLARK
HOLMES MARY M 1 Feb 1883 backs knockmore MARTIN MCHALE RE THORNTON MCNAMEE
My gg grandfather was Thomas Mchale he married Anne flynn
1853 Confirmed
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions