Search for content in message boards

Joseph C. Ashby m.Theodocia Puckett

Joseph C. Ashby m.Theodocia Puckett

Posted: 5 Aug 2001 11:46PM GMT
Edited: 17 Sep 2006 2:17AM GMT
Surnames: Ashby, Puckett, Hackney
Looking for information on the children of Joseph C. Ashby b. 5 February 1847? Russell County, VA; d. 8 February 1936 Russell County, VA; m. 6 March 1866 to Theodocia Puckett (b. ca. 1843 Grayson County, VA). He was the s/o John Ashby & Vail Hackney of Russell County, VA. Joseph joined Co. A, 29th VA Infantry on 15 September 1861 at Tazewell, VA.

Re: Joseph C. Ashby m.Theodocia Puckett

Posted: 16 Dec 2001 7:37AM GMT
Classification: Query
John Ashby the father of your Joseph Ashby is a brother to my ancestor, Thomas Ashby born 1810.

John Ashby's parents are: Cuthbert "Cuddy" Ashby, born 1770 and married Nancy Land 2 Jan 1805 Halifax Co. VA. He lived in NC before coming to Russell Co. VA by 1840, when he shows up in census in that year.

Known siblings of John Ashby are: Charles Madison Ashby, Thomas Ashby--went to Washington Co. VA, Samuel Ashby--went to Washington Co. VA, and James Ashby--went to Washington Co. VA.

I don't have a lot on the Asby's but still "diggin" away here, if you have anything to add, I'd appreciate it.

Posted: 16 Dec 2001 6:02PM GMT
Edited: 17 Sep 2006 2:17AM GMT
Karen,

My interest in the Ashby family is through their connection with the Hackney family - John Ashby m. Vail Hackney, d/o John & Jane Vail Hackney. I've been trying to learn as much as possible about all of John & Jane's descendants and do not have much on John Ashby & Vail Hackney's family. This is what I have:

Vail "Vailey" Hackney b. ca. 1808 VA; m. John Ashby (d. before 1850). Joseph & Vail lived in Cleveland, Russell County, VA. Valia Ashby, age 42 was listed in the 1850 Russell County, VA Census, as head of the household, indicating that John had apparently d. before 1850. children:
1) Thomas Ashby b. ca. 1832; m. 1853 Nancy Hackney Goff
2) Sydney Ashby b. ca. 1834
3) Martha Ashby b. ca. 1838
4) Mary "Polly" Ashby b. ca. 1840; m. 1854 1) Richard Thompson Hackney; m. ca. 1868 2) Jonathan Skeens
5) Elizabeth Ashby b. ca. 1842; m. 1860 Elihu Skeens
6) Logan Ashby b. ca. 1844; m. 1869 Martha Puckett
7) Joseph Ashby b. ca. 1847; m. 1866 Theodocia Puckett

I have some information on their children, if you are interested, please e-mail me directly.

Susan

Posted: 15 Jun 2002 4:17AM GMT
Edited: 17 Dec 2003 2:42AM GMT
Am trying to find any information on the parents of John Ashby That married Valia Hachney born 1808 died 1860.
Please e-mail me if you have any help for me
oldsol67@hotmail.com

Re: John Ashby

Posted: 15 Jun 2002 4:34PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jan 2003 9:46PM GMT
Surnames: Ashby, Land
Doug, according to Karen Burdue, RBurdue99@Aol.com, John Ashby was the s/o Cuthbert Ashby & Nancy Land.

Posted: 27 Jun 2002 4:52AM GMT
Edited: 17 Dec 2003 2:42AM GMT
I am still trying to verify the dates of the parents of Cuthbert Ashby who is supposed to be the son of Able Ashby whose father might be SolomonAshby. If you have any information I would appreciate hereing from you at my e-mail address.
Thank you
oldsol67@hotmail.com

Posted: 20 Aug 2002 4:53AM GMT
I'm also looking for information on this. My great-grandfather was Logan Ashby. He is the one who married Martha Puckett. He had a son, Joseph Garland Ashby who is my grandfather. If you can help me any, it would be great..Deborah

Posted: 20 Aug 2002 4:57AM GMT
Doug, did you ever find any information on John Ashby. I beleive this man is my great-great grandfather..He had a son,Logan Ashby who had a son, Joseph Garland Ashby who is my granfather. any help who be great..Thanks

Posted: 20 Aug 2002 5:02AM GMT
Were you able to verify any of the dates for Cuthbert Ashby or Able or Solomon Ashby, do you know the names of their wives or the names of their children..Thank you for your help..

Posted: 21 Aug 2002 5:46PM GMT
Cuthburt Ashby's wife is Nancy Land, married 2 Jan 1805 Halifax Co. VA

Abel Ashby's wife is Mary Polly Midgett/Midyette, married about 1769 Carrituck Co. NC

Solomon Ashby's wife is named Elisabeth-----------, they were married in England, location and maiden name unknown at this time.

Email me your email, and I can send you rtf. file on their lineage I have so far.

Thanks,
Karen
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions