Search for content in message boards

McGee's from Coffee Co Alabama

McGee's from Coffee Co Alabama

Posted: 16 Jan 2012 6:56PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have a small tablet of 5 handwritten pages telling the history of a McGee family that came from Alabama to Tyler County Texas in 1893. I am not a member of this McGee family, but I knew the lady that wrote the history. If you are of this family, let me know, I would love for you to have this historical document.
It starts out: The McGee Family from Coffee County AlaBamer which was Bud and Mallind McGee. My Father and Mother. My Father had heard and read The Name of Texas ever sence he was 17 years old. and he had longed To Come To Texas up untill he did get heare.......

Re: McGee's from Coffee Co Alabama

Posted: 16 Jan 2012 8:57PM GMT
Surnames: McGee
I would be very interested in any history of the McGee's in Tyler County, TX. My great grandparents were married in Tyler TX even though they were born and raised in Greene County, TN and continued to live there after they were married. I always wondered why they traveled so far to be married. My great grandmother's name was Alice Malinda McGee. Perhaps she had close family in Tyler and wanted to be married there where they were. She was married in 1881.

Posted: 16 Jan 2012 9:30PM GMT
I am not sure that we are talking about the same family. Are your ancestors in Tyler County Texas? Tyler Texas and Tyler COUNTY Texas are two different places. They are not really close to each other. I grew up in Tyler County and the lady who wrote the history had the maiden name McGee and she became friendly with my family because we were the only McGee's in our town. My parents had moved to Tyler County from Nacogdoches County after WWII. We could never find a relationship to the lady--but she considered us "kin".

Posted: 9 Dec 2012 1:30AM GMT
I still have this tablet. Anyone know of family that would like it?

Posted: 9 Dec 2012 1:39AM GMT
Surnames: McGee
What type of tablet do you have?

Posted: 9 Dec 2012 1:41AM GMT
I am from the McGee family in SC, Ga, and Alabama. What type of information does the tablet have.

Posted: 9 Dec 2012 2:50AM GMT
I put it on a previous post--read the whole thread to find it. I hope someone decides that this is their family.

Posted: 17 Dec 2012 1:05PM GMT
Did any of yours move north to Pa then NJ around mid 1800's. My line shows is said to have come from that area.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic