Search for content in message boards

I am searching for my relatives emigrated from Ukraine

I am searching for my relatives emigrated from Ukraine

Posted: 16 Dec 2012 6:33PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am searching for my relatives emigrated from Ukraine to the USA after the war. My Granny Lyuba Laba (Banah) from the village of Zavaliv, Ternopil region, Pidhaietskyi district is searching for Anna Laba (Yarosh/ Yarosz) born in 1933.

As I know, Anna works in the field of tourism. Her mother’s name has been Eugenia Laba and the son’s name is Valerii.
http://dovidkausa.com/?p=2510

Re: I am searching for my relatives emigrated from Ukraine

Posted: 16 Dec 2012 7:15PM GMT
I’m not related to any member of this family.

1940 is the last available census at this time.

Census records do not record the specific location of a person's birth. As for a death cert - only the country or state of birth is listed.

I think Ellis Island was closed at that time.

Posted: 28 Dec 2012 1:01AM GMT
Can you provide more information? Do you know when she came to US?

Can you provide any more information about her? Did she marry? What was her husband's name??

What company did she work for?

Whatever info you can provide will help - willing to take a look to see what I can find.

Liz

Posted: 3 Jan 2013 4:49PM GMT
Edited: 3 Jan 2013 5:00PM GMT
Here is a message posted in 2005 and answered in May 2007:

LOOKING FOR LABA IN ZAVALIV AREA

"My mother wants to visit the area outside of Podhajce, next year, but she said the Laba name can't be found there. Are there any left in the village? My grandmother - my mother's mother - was Eugenia Laba. They all emigrated to the U.S. after the war.

My grandmother was named Eugenia Laba; she gave birth to my mother, Anna Laba, in 1933. Any help would be appreciated. Let me know what else you need and I will find it from my mother. -- Andrew"

http://boards.ancestry.co.uk/thread.aspx?mv=flat&m=2778&...

UKRAINE, GENERAL message board

An ANSWER that was given on the board:
"Hello! They saerching you for a long time. Liuba Banah (Laba) is a daughter of Volodymyr, your grandmother's brother. Their phone number:
+380354245697
They are waiting your call."

Another POST by the Andrew, above:
"My father is a Yarosz, who changed his name after coming to the states after the war to make it less Polish. He's Ukrainian, and has Yarosz family still living in Galicia, which is western Ukraine."

ANCESTRY USER NAME georgeie9

Posted: 20 Jan 2013 10:46PM GMT
Hi I sorry I cannot help. My Mother inlaw is from that Ternpol area the Ukraine. Her name is Mary Balaban. Would that name mean anything? marierink@yahoo.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic