Search for content in message boards

O'Hanley/MacDonald connections in Parkhill

O'Hanley/MacDonald connections in Parkhill

Posted: 23 Aug 2001 2:58AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 6 Aug 2010 10:33PM GMT
Surnames: O'Hanley, MacDonald
Looking for connections in our family tree. They all came originally from Scotland in 1849 during the "Evictions", settled in Middlesex Co. My g-g-grandparents were John and Mary (MacDonald) O'Hanley. Mary's parents were Angus MacDonald and Ann MacCormick. All were either from South Uist or Benbecula, Scotland.

They settled in the Parkhill area known as Bornish, they belonged to St. Columba church, which still stands as well as the cemetary. I've gathered alot of information and would love to share with other long lost cousins, plus have a contact who has done extensive research about the Scots who emmigrated during the Evictions. If you are interested in sharing info, please contact me.

Re: O'Hanley/MacDonald connections in Parkhill

Posted: 3 Sep 2001 5:45PM GMT
Edited: 9 Jun 2002 1:06AM GMT
Hello:
I am not related directly to the O'Hanley family, however & I have few
in my file & am hoping to double check info - if you don't mind.

I have John O'Hanley married to Mary McDonald (no other info) other than
I have found 3 daughters for them: Annie (1869, Mar. 18), Hanna (1870,
June 4) & Josephine (?)

No other info on Annie or Hanna,
however Josephine married Peter McKinnon Oct. 29, 1907 - I have one
child for them;
Cecilia (July 9, 1909) and she married John Edward Healy.

Anyway, I hate loose ends - any info you could share on
these people would be greatly appreciated.
Ann

Posted: 4 Sep 2001 4:38PM GMT
Edited: 7 May 2002 9:07PM GMT
John O'Hanley and Mary McDonald are my g-g-grandparents! I do have a bunch of information that will probably tie up alot of loose ends for you if you'd like, they had 8 children all told. Email me at familytree@phoebeholmes.com and I can share all the information with you.

Posted: 8 Feb 2004 3:00AM GMT
Surnames: O
I also have O'Hanley/McDonalds from Parkhill, Ontario on my family tree. Sarah O'Hanley my great grandmother was the daughter of Malcolm O'Hanley and Catherine MacCormack
natives of Inverness Scotland . Sarah was married to Donald Stephen McDonald my great grandfather. His father was Ronald McDonald from South Uist, Scotland. Donald was first married to a Catherine MacDonald whose father was Archibald MacDonald he married Sarah after Catherine's
death. I have no verification of this information as it was collected many years ago by a relative who has since passed away. I do have records regarding these families after they left Canada to settle in Saginaw and Midland Michigan.

Posted: 20 Aug 2004 2:11PM GMT
Edited: 6 Aug 2010 10:34PM GMT
Surnames: MacDonald, MacCormick, MacInnes
I am a decendant of Ronald MacDonald born 9 June 1841 Dunganichy Benbecula {Son of Angus MacDonald and Ann MacCormick } and Marion "Sarah" MacInnes. Would love to share what information I have with. It has been driving me crazy trying to figure out when they came to Michigan.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Julie Hammond Myers

mary (View posts)
Posted: 20 Aug 2004 7:17PM GMT
Julia - I was so happy to hear from you - I have been going crazy too trying to trace the family further back than my great grandfather- Donald "Rocky Dan" aka "Beaver Dan" McDonald who came to Michigan from Canada in 1877. I have lots of info too Please send me an e-mail address and a snail mail address where I can reach you. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Mary

Posted: 20 Aug 2004 7:37PM GMT
Edited: 4 Mar 2005 3:40PM GMT
I do not have a ton to share, but I'll be happy to send you what I do have. My E-mail is:

jmyers@cdpa-architects.com

Please contact me by this and I'll send you my snail mail if you are sure that we are related.

Thanks and look forward to hearing from you.

Julie

Posted: 6 Aug 2010 10:27PM GMT
Edited: 6 Aug 2010 10:36PM GMT
Surnames: O'Hanley, MacKinnon, Glynn, Burke
Josephine O'Hanley / Peter MacKinnon were my grandparents from Parkhill. Their second child after.Cecelia was my Mother Patricia (Anne ? Marie) birth Sept. 28, 1911. Then came Mary, Effie (Euphemia)and then Donald who was always referred by us as Uncle Mac. Patricia, Mary and Effie left during the depression to work in Detroit and send money home. Patricia was 18 at the time. Josephine/ Peter lost the farm at park hill. Josephine died in (summer ?) of 1941. They or just Peter moved to Strathroy.
Patricia married Richard Hugh Glynn born 1912 in 1938.Mary married Leonard Trudeau and Effie married Martin Burke all from Detroit.
Donald joined the Canadian Navy.

Posted: 16 Aug 2010 12:01AM GMT
Hi Joann-
Good to see you on here! When I saw "Tressler" I knew it had to be you guys. =) I haven't forgotten the pictures you asked me to make copies of for you when you were here in May. I'll get them to you soon. You know, I have always wondered about them losing the farm in Parkhill. Marilyn has no idea what happened and I didn't know about it until after Grandma Trudeau died. Can you tell me anything about it and what year that happened? Hope you all are well-
Kristi

Posted: 3 Nov 2012 6:51AM GMT
This post was deleted by a board administrator on 4 Nov 2012 1:30PM GMT
per page

Find a board about a specific topic