Search for content in message boards

Stanley Kobus married Catherine Utronki

Stanley Kobus married Catherine Utronki

Louise Kobus (View posts)
Posted: 7 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 29 Mar 2011 9:22PM GMT
Surnames: Utronki, Kobus
Stanley Kobus married Catherine Utronki circa 1928.They had 3 children,James,Doris and Robert. Stanley died in 1963. Catherine died in 1974.I've had lots of help with the Kobus line thanks to Dick Cobus but I have hit a brick wall with the Utronkis'. Any help?

Re: Stanley Kobus married Catherine Utronki

Tracey (View posts)
Posted: 23 Oct 2001 2:18AM GMT
Edited: 29 Mar 2011 9:22PM GMT
Hi Louise; I don't have your exact names, but I do have a number of UTRONKI/YUTRONKI's in my files married into my VISNESKI family, from around Pembroke, Killaloe, Round Lake, etc. From what I have, the name UTRONKI was originally JUTRZENKA, and VISNESKI was originally WISNIEWSKI. Sound at all familiar? Let me know, as I have some information on their descendants, my great grandmother having been a Visneski.

Louise Kobus (View posts)
Posted: 8 Nov 2001 3:53PM GMT
Edited: 29 Mar 2011 9:23PM GMT
Surnames: Utronki, Kobus, Visneskie
I have the same variations of spellings.My husband's grandmother was Catherine Utronki married to Stanley Kobus.I'm looking for her parents. On another note ,my sister-in-law was married to Andy Visneskie. They are all in Renfrew. Louise

kirk (View posts)
Posted: 4 Dec 2001 5:40PM GMT
Edited: 29 Mar 2011 9:24PM GMT
Hi Tracey
I am interested in the information you have on the Visneski family.
Kirk

Tracey (View posts)
Posted: 4 Dec 2001 10:19PM GMT
Edited: 29 Mar 2011 9:24PM GMT
Hi Kirk;

My G grandmother was Elizabeth VISNESKI, married to Charles HILDERBRANDT. Elizabeth went by Nellie. She was born around Barry's Bay, ON, 1891, died 1926. Nellie's parents were Frank Visneski/Wisniewski and Martha Yolkowski/Jolkowska. I have some info on Nellie's brothers and sisters etc.
You can email me directly, and let me know what you have on this family, or how you fit in.
Tracey

Kirk Visneskie (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jan 2002 2:50PM GMT
Edited: 29 Mar 2011 9:25PM GMT
Hi Tracey
I apologize for taking so long to reply to your email. I have talked to my father Tony and it sounds like Elizabeth would be my g/g grandmother.
Toss me an email so that I may reply to you directly.
Thanks
Kirk

Shirley Mask Connolly (View posts)
Posted: 18 Apr 2002 1:59PM GMT
Edited: 29 Mar 2011 9:25PM GMT
Your Utronkis came from the parish of Lesno, West Prussia and arrived in Canada about 1890. Catherine's parents were Vincent Utronki, spelled Jutrzonka in Polish, and Mary Voldock/Waldoch. Mary arrived in Canada in 1872 on board the ship the Agda. Her father died shortly after they arrived here in a tragic twist of faith. Their story (the Voldocks) will be featured in my upcoming book on the 200 Kashubs who emigrated on this ship. Any information or photos etc. that you could share with me would be appreciated.

I have Utronki connections of my own. The Renfrew Utronkis descended from Vincent who had a brother Thomas who moved to near Round Lake and married Agnes Bembenek. She was related to my family--- the daughter of Mary Piechowska who first married a Bembenek and when widowed married Michael Maszk. Michael Maszk is my great great grandfather. Mary Piechowska is my great great grandmother. There was also a Andrew (or Henry) Utronki who married a Knitter and stayed in Renfrew for a few years, at least till 1885, and then disappeared? Also a John who married a Josephine Kossabulski (sp?) and was in the Renfrew area till 1890 and then also disappeared? Perhaps someone has an idea what happened to them?

Ron Milford (View posts)
Posted: 3 Oct 2004 12:28PM GMT
Edited: 29 Mar 2011 9:26PM GMT
Surnames: STEEN, COBUS, MILFORD
Louise; Could you put me in contact with Dick Cobus as I would appreciate hearing from him regarding the Cobus family.

The Steen family is connected to the John Milford family, I have Flora Ann Elizabeth STEEN who married Larry COBUS I assume they are both living so I have left out their birth years.

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Ron rmilford@shaw.ca

Posted: 29 Mar 2011 2:59PM GMT
Edited: 29 Mar 2011 9:26PM GMT
Surnames: Utronki
I am Mary Utronki and my father ,Phillip was a son of Vincent Jutrzonka and Mary Voldock. He had two sisters Catherine and Annie and three brothers ,Thomas, Frank and Vincent, Vincent wasn't born yet when his father was killed.They all grew up in Renfrew. I know that one of the brothers of Vincent moved to the States and would come to Renfrew to Visit my Grandmother in the summer I thik they were from Minniappolis.When I was a child I used to go with my Grandmother and Uncle Frank,up to Wilno and Kilalloto visit our relatives there. I know one of the Utronki families yet. Mary Utronki

Posted: 14 Sep 2011 6:16PM GMT
Hi Louise where have yiou been. Give me a hint where you think the Utronki's came from I have several CD's from the area around Lesno
Dick
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions