Search for content in message boards

Forqueran

FOURQUREAN

Karen Kent (View posts)
Posted: 28 Nov 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Thanks for your response, and yes, I believe that Bartlett is a fourqurean, in fact, i am sure of it. Unless there is a Bartlett Fourqurean and a Bartlett Forgusson. Our family has been mixed in with the Forgussons during this time period as when written the g and q look alike and the r is sometimes mistaken for a s. Do you know who Bartlett's parents are? You can email me direct if you like. KentRes@aol.com. thanks again.

Bartlett Fuergueron

Edited: 25 Jun 2001 3:42AM GMT
Surnames: Furgueron, Smith, Taylor, Newby
I have a Bartlett Furgueron and various other spellings
who died about 1830. His wife was Fanny/Frances Woodcock.
Their daughter Elizabeth Furgusson/Fergusson married Joseph Smith in Chesterfield.
Joseph Smith has a son Beverly Smith b. 1833 who married Mary F Taylor. They are buried in what is now Pocohontas State Park, off Newby's Bridge Road in the Five Forks area.
Any connections?? (The Taylors owned what is now Dale Memorial Park.)

Forqueran

Karen Kent (View posts)
Looking for any information concerning John Forqueran/Fourqurean/Fourquerean and any other person with surname. John is listed in the Census in Chesterfield county in 1750-1800. Other names of interest Berry, William, Littleberry.

BARTLETT Fuergueron

Posted: 1 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 12 Jan 2002 6:32AM GMT
Surnames: FARGUSSON, FERGUSSON, FERGUSON
The two BARTLETTS were Sr. and Jr., with Sr. being a
brother of my gg-grandfather, WILLIAM FERGUSSON (Sr). Both were sons of AARON and SARAH (?)
FARGUSSON. AARON's parents were MOSES and MARTHA E. FARGUSSON. In various records, the surname was spelled several ways. The children of AARON (b. ca 1728, d. by 1812, maybe sooner, and whose wife is said to be Sarah) were as follows: 1) WILLIAM, b. ca 1748, d. 1831, m. twice; 2) MOSES, 1760 (or '61) and d. after 1832; 3) BARTLETT, m. 1) Fanny Woodcock and m. 2) Mazie Belcher (dau. of Thomas and Mary), Bartlett, Sr's son, BARTLETT, JR. (name misspelled as fourqueron, etc) m. Fanny and had children --Daniel, John, Readly, Sarah, Martha, Ann, and Nancy; 4) HALEY (Hailey), b. 1762,
m. 1788 Ann Williams (dau of Isaac); 5) MIMY, m.
James Snelliings; 6) APPOLONIA / "Appy", m. Peter
F. Russel 1809; 0) MASEY (FURGUSON) m. William
Bragg, 1797/9. I found the foregoing among Henrico and Chesterfield Counties' probate and land records. In fact, the previous generations of our Fergusson
family can be found in those courthouse records from the time of JENNET (?) FARGUSON, who m. Peter Ashbrook after 1688 in Henrico. Despite the various spellings of their surname, they were the only Fargusson / Fergusson family in that area. They lived for generations on the same land recorded as being between the Third Branch of Swift Creek and Spring Run, on acreage surrounded by land belonging to their relatives.

Re: BARTLETT Fuergueron

Donna Minke (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jul 2001 1:49PM GMT
Surnames: FERGUSON, NEWBY, ASHBROOK, CLAY, HUDSON, CLARK, HORNER, FOWLER, PUCKETT, WINFREE, BELCHER, BAUGH
I'm very interested in knowing more about the FERGUSONS who were neighbors of the NEWBYS in Chesterfield CO. Many of the FERGUSONS married NEWBYS. William NEWBY's Will dated 1794 lists: Thomas ASHBROOK, Eleasure CLAY, Elisha NEWBY (son), Elijah NEWBY (son), John NEWBY (William, Sr.'s father listed as "my father John Newby"), Sam COBB, Moses FARGUSSON, Arthur HORNER (grandson),
Thomas FARGUSSON, Sam. NEWBY (grandson), Gardiner FOWLER, PUCKETTS, Amy NEWBY (wife), Sarah NEWBY (daughter), Jane NEWBY (daughter), Dinah CLARK
(daughter), John NEWBY (son), Amey HUDSON (daughter),
Jesse CLARK, James & Isham CLARK, WilliamWINFREE, John BELCHER, Thomas BELCHER, William NEWBY (son), William NEWBY (grandson), William BAUGH. Thanks for any help sorting out these FERGUSONS or any of the other names mentioned!

Posted: 26 Jul 2001 8:06AM GMT
Classification: Deed
Edited: 12 Jan 2002 6:32AM GMT
Surnames: Fergusson, Fargusson, Baugh, Beasley, Belcher, Hatcher, Ashbrook, Winfree, Hudson
Hi, so GLAD to see your message! Your list of names has a great number of the names I've been researching for years. It's almost 3 a.m. now and will write more tomorrow but just HAD to share my excitement with you now. What is your descent from those people back then? My gr-grandfather, William Fergusson, Jr. (b. 1796) was son of Wm., Sr., who had a brother Moses Fergusson as well as Bartlett. They, in turn were sons of Aaron Fargusson, and gr-sons of Moses and Martha E. Fargusson. Hope to hear from you, though I will get on this stuff right away. I presume you have read all of Dr. Weisiger's books of abstracts? I dug out all the Chesterfield / Henrico Counties Ferguson - Fergusson - Fargusson records. About 60 pages typewritten. Several of the land records I had previously sent for. In them, all those names you mention lived next door and / or witnessed documents, etc. Though you must know all this.

Frank Fourqurean (View posts)
Posted: 24 Aug 2001 5:49PM GMT
Surnames: Fourqurean, Furcron, Fergusson
Don't start confusing the Fourqurean and Fergusson families again. They are two seperate families that when handwritten on the old documents we are refering are indistinguishable between each other. Similar names such as Moses, John and Bartlett and intermarrying doesn't help. Bartlett is my GGGgrandfather who I believe is the son of John who is son of Moses/Moyes who is the son of John. Bartlett's son Daniel my GGgrandfather married Judth Fergusson daughter of Daniel son of Daniel Sr. who is the son of Moses. The record of Bartlett's marrage to Fanny Woodcock is case in point. Most copies say Fergusson, yet I have his will that says otherwise. And the 1850 Census shows Francis still in Chesterfield Co. living with son Readly and I believe nephew Bevely Smith. Contact me if you need more details.

Deborah Smith (View posts)
Posted: 10 Sep 2001 2:54AM GMT
Do any of you nice folks have any additional info on Fanny Woodcock?

Posted: 24 Sep 2001 7:23PM GMT
Edited: 12 Feb 2006 8:21PM GMT
As confirmation of what Frank says: I recently came into possession of some of the annual returns of Richard Dillard, guardian of William Furcron, minor of William Furcron, dec'd. Although the minor William was the ward of Richard Dillard, he was, in fact, living with Lorenzo D. Ferguson, who later married young William's widowed mother Juriah Hepzibah (Dillard) Furcron.
Unless you look VERY closely at the name, Ferguson looks a lot like Forquron on those old documents.
Happy hunting everyone.

Posted: 8 Nov 2001 5:00AM GMT
Edited: 11 Jan 2002 3:57PM GMT
I am very interseted in your line of Newby in Chesterfield I am of the Thomas line which is either a brother or uncle
per page

Find a board about a specific topic