Search for content in message boards

CLAUD TULLOS 1600's VA research material

CLAUD TULLOS 1600's VA research material

Posted: 3 Oct 2007 4:17PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: TULLOS and TULLIS
I have a lot of research material provided by Mr. C. D. Cochran in 1991. I will be pleased to share any of this material with anyone working the Tullis or Tullos line. I've made digital copies of all pages. It also includes some material by Dr. Rees Edgar Tulloss and also a handwritten letter by Mrs Caroline Price Wilson (Mrs. Walter S. Wilson) ... the letter is dated 1923 and was written to Dr. Tulloss regarding their joint family research on this family. Mrs. Wilson was primarily working on the John Tullos families of Effingham County, GA. Any interested researchers may contact me at ___mrycckrll@hotmail.com_____

Re: CLAUD TULLOS 1600's VA research material

Posted: 4 Oct 2007 10:31PM GMT
Claud,
I have tried to respond using your e-mail address but it keeps coming back as undeliverable.
Leta
leta.sheaffer@verizon.net

Posted: 18 Jan 2008 3:35AM GMT
I am interested to know if your research materials show any lines from John's brother Richard.My line goes from Richard Tullos/Tullis, to his son Tapley, to his son Joseph Tullis/Tillis.

Posted: 22 Jan 2008 12:59PM GMT
Surnames: TULLIS
I've been away from my computer ... I'll respond to you today. Mary Cockrell

Posted: 23 Jan 2008 2:33PM GMT
Surnames: TULLOS
Since there were several men with the name John and several with the name Richard ... please give some more info. Richard Tullos (son of Claudius and brother to John) was born 29 March 1667, in Northumberland County, died in 1734 or 1735 in Northumberland County. If Richard had children ... their names were probably John Tullos (died in 1764/65) and Richard (Dodson?) Tullos (who may have been adopted).
Please write with more details. I have several contacts on some of the lines from Claud. Mary Cockrell

Posted: 23 Jan 2008 3:57PM GMT
I am listing a John Tullos ( 1681/82 - 1737 ) , then his son Richard ( 1700/01 - 1771 ), then his son Tapley A. Tullis ( 1738 - 1818 ), then his son Joseph Tullis/Tillis ( 1795 - 1882 ), as they migrated south the names slowly changed to Tillis. thank You..Paul Tillis

Posted: 8 Dec 2008 6:57AM GMT
could you please provide me with this research? It would be a great help. I have been researching the Tullos family history for over 10 years now and would hope this research would shed some light on mine. jennietullos@gmail.com
thanks

Posted: 10 Feb 2009 4:50AM GMT
Surnames: Tullos, Tillis, Young, Mershon, and Wells
I would love to learn more on the tollos. My line is Claud Tullos and sarah Rodham, John Sr. Tullos and Barbara Mason, Richard Sr. Tullos and Elizabeth Barrett,Willoughby T Tullos and Anna Mills, James Tullos and Mary Sullivan, Richard Tullous and Charity H. Unknown(I would love to know her last name),General Wade or John Wade (I have found both ways in one of the census dont remember which i found general when he was about 7) Tillis and Missouri Dora Marie Sweat,Noan Hendle Tillis and Edna Earl Young, Della Mae Tillis and Leon Woodson Mershon, Barbara Gay Mershon and Bunk Junior Wells, and them Me. As far as I know all of these names are right. I have heard the Tullos has indian, I also heard Mary Sullivan was indian. If you have any info I would love to hear. Thanks Laurel

Posted: 10 Feb 2009 11:38AM GMT
Surnames: TULLIS; TULLOS
I have the details of Willoughby (son of Richard, Sr) only as published by Mr Cochran. If you'll contact me directly at mrycckrll@hotmail.com ... I'll send what I have. Thru this posting I have already made contact with other researchers working the Mississippi lines. With their permission I will put you in touch with them if you wish. Mary Cockrell

Posted: 27 Mar 2010 10:18PM GMT
Tullis is Scotish in origin, as I imagine Tullos is as well since they seem to be variations on the same name. I come from the line of Claudius (Sarah) Tullis, to John (Barbara), to Richard (Elizabeth), to Richard (Jane), to John (Sarah), to Richard (Rachel), to David Barrett (Mary Lucinda), to Osborne Commodore (Elizabeth), to Marion Clyde (Mary Alice), to Ralph Clyde (Clara Elizabeth), to my mother Katherine Marie Tullis, to me.
If you are interested in doing your own research, you can go to the following site and start with the site search or go straight to the volumes to read about your ancestors. www.tullistrees.org
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions