Search for content in message boards

William Bentley/Brantley,Thomasson,Bryd,Gerald

William Bentley/Brantley,Thomasson,Bryd,Gerald

Posted: 9 Oct 2002 4:25PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Aug 2003 8:24PM GMT
Surnames: Bentley,Thomasson,Byrd, Gerald
Please help me to find the graves of my GGGrandparents. William Bentley Died April 15, 1864 in Yazoo County but lived in Holmes County. He served in Company F 3rd Regiment 1st Brigade Minute Men. He married Eliza (Once married to a Thomasson). I have very little else on either of them except they left 2 small children upon their deaths. Sarah Bentley and Emsley Burns Bentley who I know nothing about. They lived in Holmes around 1855 to 1864. Owning land. He left to Richard Thomasson along with his children. Please if anyone might know of any information about them please let me know.
Thanks,
Cathy B. Hilley

Re: William Bentley/Brantley,Thomasson,Bryd,Gerald

Posted: 18 Oct 2002 9:05PM GMT
Edited: 16 Mar 2005 5:33PM GMT
Since you know where he lived and died and I presume was not killed on a battlefield, please post your query in those counties and you'll probably have more luck then in Unknown County.

Thank you,
Barbara

Susie James (View posts)
Posted: 19 Oct 2002 3:26PM GMT
Surnames: Bentley, Brown, James
Are you trying to say Bentley might be the same as Brantley? I recall reading 1870 census of Richland District in Ebenezer community and coming across a household enumerated next to that of William S. Brown. I was looking for any clues to my own anecestry (Monroe R. James was my great-grandfather, but proof of his lineage and associations seems elusive.) I was trying to find the little girl Elizabeth James, who was 3 in the census of 1860. I found her in 1870 at Ebenezer, in some form of household consisting of a Mary Shalent (?) who was a more mature individual, and an Eliza or Elizabeth BENTLEY, who may have been 23. My Elizabeth James was 13 -- so I know she is the one I was looking for ... know nothing of what happened to her, or what connection to these 2 women or the Brown family "next door." Have you seen these entries? Susie James

Posted: 21 Oct 2002 7:26PM GMT
Edited: 21 Aug 2003 8:24PM GMT
Surnames: Bentley, Gerald, Thomasson, Byrd, Brantley
My William Bentley died in 1864. was shot at the residence of Joel Sherroad in Yazoo. He left my G Great Grand mother Sarah who was then 8 years old and her brother Emsley who was bearly 5 at the time. I have never found out what happen to Emsley but My Sarah married when she was 16 to John William Gerald. What I want to know is where did they live between the age of 8-16. According to William's will his wife Eliza Brantley Thomasson Bentley must have died before he did leaving them orphaned. I'm curious to know any thing about this family. Thanks for the responce. cathy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions