Search for content in message boards

MARY W KENEFICK Cork Ireland to United States

MARY W KENEFICK Cork Ireland to United States

Posted: 1 Jan 2013 4:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 1 Jan 2013 11:07PM GMT
Surnames: KENNEFICK
I am trying to locate the above known as "WINNIE" born in 1920 County Cork Ireland Parents Richard Kenefick & Agnes Healy. She was believed to be a NURSE. I know she emigrated to United States probably late 1930's early 1940's. Any information would be wonderful. Thank you.

Re: MARY W KENEFICK Cork Ireland to United States

Posted: 1 Jan 2013 4:33PM GMT
it would help to have a little more info. Birth date? Marriage? Death date? Children? Area she lived in the United States? sometimes the smallest detail will help.

Posted: 1 Jan 2013 4:40PM GMT
Edited: 1 Jan 2013 11:08PM GMT
Surnames: KENEFICK
Only info I have is Born September 1920 Registration district Middletown Co Cork Ireland.
When she left Ireland she didnt maintain contact so have not any details of a marriage, death etc. All I know is that she was a Nurse - maybe did her training in United States would think. Regards

Posted: 1 Jan 2013 4:43PM GMT
Did find a record for Border Crossing from Canada to United States for a Mary Kenefick arriving in Niagara Falls, New York on 22nd July 1943. Nara Publication No M1480 Roll no 64, Have no way of knowing if this would be her. Do you have access to above record?
Do you have access to Social Security Death records. Would she be recorded under maiden name/mothers maiden name of HEALY. Regards

Posted: 1 Jan 2013 5:58PM GMT
Edited: 1 Jan 2013 5:59PM GMT
I did find a Mary Winifed Kenefick who died in Surrey England in 2005. I no longer have the international version of ancestry.com so cannot give any more info than that. I did see the border crossing into New york state by Niagara Falls from Canada. I also found quite a few other travel documents back and forth from New york to Ireland. It could be her but am unsure. There is also a SSDI for Mary Kenefick for Nov 21, 2002 in New York. It is possible to order the document but I know that it will cost some money. If she did not marry, this could be her. I have also found quite a few Mary Keneficks on Familysearch.org. This is a free website and you may be able to figure out something from there. She seems to have a very popular name. Do you know if she had any brothers or sisters sometimes you can find info through them.

Posted: 1 Jan 2013 6:20PM GMT
Hi thank you so much for all your searching. Have been doing some also and am now wondering if in fact she was in UK and not USA. Found a Mary W Kenifick in London Electoral rolls from 1950 to 1961 this last one placing her in Queen Mary Hospital . This sounds to be her as story goes she was a Nurse.
Very interested in your find of death Mary Winifred Kenifick in Surrey in 2005 this could well be her as up to 1961 records she was still single. Does the record give any address in Surrey? Again many thanks will pursue this death record. Regards Frances

Posted: 2 Jan 2013 4:32PM GMT
No I have no other info about Surrey as I don't have the ancestry.com international site available. Glad to have helped a bit. Let me know if I can help in any other way. Happy Hunting!

Theresa
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions