Search for content in message boards

SOS "Passenger Arrivals at the Port of NY by Elizabeth P. Bentley"

SOS "Passenger Arrivals at the Port of NY by Elizabeth P. Bentley"

Posted: 25 Oct 2012 11:07PM GMT
Classification: Query
SOS to anyone who has access to Elizabeth P. Bentley's book "Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1830-1832", From Passenger Lists. Baltimore Genealogies. Pub Co. 2000 pg 1-727. pg 173.

Need assistance obtaining additional information from page 173 for Charles Cockett listed on "All Passenger and Immigration List Index 1500's-1900's"!

I hope Elizabeth Bentley's book will provide evidence that the Charles Cockett in her book is my 4 GT Charles Cockett, (b) abt 1810 in Liverpool, England, who married a Hawaiian girl, Betsey Shaw abt 1838, settled in Hawaii, United States, raised a family and died there.

The following information is from the "All Passenger & Immigration List Index 1500's-1900's.

Charles Cockett
Arrival 22 Oct 1831
Age 21
Estimated (b) abt 1810
Place of arrival New York
Origin England

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

hearts2fathers

Re: SOS "Passenger Arrivals at the Port of NY by Elizabeth P. Bentley"

Posted: 26 Oct 2012 3:24AM GMT
The manifest does not have much more info than what you have. He arrived aboard the Barque Cyrus Butler and was traveling with a Jno Cockett, age 54, a manufacturer. I could send a copy if you give me yor e-mail address. Don

Posted: 26 Oct 2012 11:16AM GMT
Don,

Thank you ever so much for the added information...wahoo onward with my research...John age 54: a wonderful clue for me to follow, as to the vessel Barque Cyrus Butler not sure how I would go about invesstigating that fact, but wahoo again!

If, I might impose on you again...there are two other Charles Cockett's that I found, as well.

1- Charles Cockett found on "New South Wales, Australia Convict Ship Muster Rolls and Related Records 1790-1849"
Location Middlesex, England; Age 20; Arrived in Australia 27 Feb 1837 on Emma Eugenia Vessel

2- Charles Cockett convict, also; trial date lent 1805; Location Kent, England; Sentence 7 years transportation.

Not sure if Elizabeth Bentley included information for convicts in her book, but I would appreciate any help from you on them, as well, if at all possible!

My e-mail address is heartstofathers@aol.com and again thank you for your time and effort!

hearts2fathers,

joanie

Posted: 26 Oct 2012 1:40PM GMT
Joanie. Wish I could help with the others but I only have access to US records. Good luck. Don
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions