Search for content in message boards

Poletti family

Poletti family

Lea Ranke (View posts)
Posted: 17 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Poletti
My great grand father Domenico Poletti from Casale,Modena,Reggio nell'Emilia (married to Angelina.Their son Pietro Giovanni Poletti married Maria Rosa Poletti both of Casale,Modena,had 6 children in Casale before moving to Australia.Maria's father was Francenco Poletti(a brother of Domenico)her mother's name unknown.
Any information on this family would be very welcome.

Poletti

Lea Ranke (View posts)
Posted: 13 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
correction to e-mail address for Poletti family,Casele,Italy

Joseph Poletti

William McCoy (View posts)
Posted: 4 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Poletti, Hunter
I am a descendant of Joseph Poletti who was in the US Army for over thirty five years and I believe fought in the war of 1812 as well as the Mexican War. He married Ann Hunter on March 24, 1826 around Washington, DC. He is buried in Mt. Olivett Cemetery. He states in his enlistments that he is from Lughignano, Italy on the island of Corsica. Do you have any information on him?

Thanks,
Billy

Re: Poletti family

Posted: 12 Jan 2008 1:52AM GMT
Surnames: Champion, Polletti, Nicolia
Hi Lea,

this is also the family I have just started researching!! I am the sister-in-law of Maria Champion (nee POLETTI) daughter of Viviano POLETTI and Nina (nee Nicolia). Viviano came out to Australia from Busano, Reggio Nell Emilia (sorry about the spelling!!) I believe in early 1956. I have located the arrival and departure documents for Viviano's brother Giacomo from the NAA in March 1956 and left in Oct 1961.
Viviano came out to work with his uncle, your grandfather, Pietro Giovanni POLETTI and so since Viviano's dad and Pietro were brothers, have concluded that (obviously) both were sons of Domenico and Angelina POLETTI. Have only been on this track for a week, so the whole Italian research is new to me (I note though the IGI has lots of Poletti entries but for areas OTHER than Reggio Nell Emilia.)
Since your original email was dated 1999, I am wondering if you have been able to get any further since then ?? (I don't want to duplicate anything unnecessarilly).
If I read your email correcly, Maria Rosa and Pietro were cousins?? Sounds like Poletti is quite a populous name in the northern areas of Italy...is itpossible there is a south Tirol/Austrian connectionfurther back??

Would LOVE to be in contact, and try attacking the research together!!

My direct email is bbqman@bigpond.net.au

I am gusessing you may be related to Tsia Rea?? (my spelling is appalling..sorry!!

Hope to hear from you
Regards
Lesley Champion
Greensborough, Victoria, Australia

per page

Find a board about a specific topic