Search for content in message boards

DASHIELL

DASHIELL

Chip White (View posts)
Posted: 11 Aug 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am looking for the family history of Margaret INGLIS,the wife of James DASHIELL. The info. I have is that James DASHIELL was born in Edinburgh or Midlothian about 1603/04. His father and mother were born in France, James DE CHIEL, and Elizabeth Robesoune. James and Margaret had a son James Dashiell born in Edinburgh/Midlothian 1634. One of two Conflicting reports has him migrating to Yorkshire then Northumberland Co., Virginia, and later settled on the Eastern Shore of Maryland. I would be greatful for any information on these families while in Scotland or England. Query posted from their 9th generation decedent, Chip White Alexandria, Virginia....Please e-mail to: cpwhite@erols.comI am looking for the family history of Margaret INGLIS,the wife of James DASHIELL. The info. I have is that James DASHIELL was born in Edinburgh or Midlothian about 1603/04. His father and mother were born in France, James DE CHIEL, and Elizabeth Robesoune. James and Margaret had a son James Dashiell born in Edinburgh/Midlothian 1634. One of two Conflicting reports has him migrating to Yorkshire then Northumberland Co., Virginia, and later settled on the Eastern Shore of Maryland. I would be greatful for any information on these families while in Scotland or England. Query posted from their 9th generation decedent, Chip White Alexandria, Virginia

Dashiell-Robeson

Posted: 30 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 11 Jul 2001 4:48PM GMT
Surnames: DASHIELL, ROBESON, INGLIS
From "Dashiell Family Records" Vol. 1. 1928. p18.. Jacques de Chiel, gentleman, son of Guillaume de Chiel, was born at Lyons, France in 1575. In 1595 he emigrated from France to Scotland .He now became James (de) Shiell. He married Elizabeth Robesoune (Robeson) 16 May 1599. He died about 1625. Their son James Dashiell, Jr. was born about 1603-4 in Edinburgh. 24 November 1631 he married Margaret INGLIS. He married a second time 17 october 1639 to Jenet Aitkins and died about 1645-50.. James DASHIELL, III, the emigrant, was born in Edinburgh in 1634. He must have had a younger brother too. He emigranted to VA in 1653, married Ann Cannon in 1659 and immigrated to Somerset Co., MD in 1663 with wife Ann, son James and niece Elizabeth Dashiell aged nine. The niece had to have been born ca. 1654, the daughter of his unnamed brother. The latter is the one I'm looking for.

Re: DASHIELL

Posted: 12 Mar 2011 9:11PM GMT
Surnames: Inglis/Dashiell
I have Margaret Inglis' father as Andrew Inglis b. 1550
Dunfermline, Fife, Scotland, and her mother as Marjory
Mitchell, b. 1554 also in Dunfermline. I am descended from
James Dashiell, through his grandson Thomas born to James
DaShiell and Ann Cannon. Your post was a long time ago, I
hope you are still active. Any info you have would be greatly appreciated.

Re: DASHIELL

Posted: 1 Jun 2011 8:27PM GMT
Surnames: DASHIELL
I am descended from the immigrant Dashiell of Maryland. I am going to Edinburgh in 2 days, will look for DASHIELL. My only source of info is the 3-volumes of "Dashiell Family Records", which has scant info about the de Ciel --> DASHIELL evolution in Scotland.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Fred Dashiell
per page

Find a board about a specific topic