Search for content in message boards

ancestors

Lenoir County or Lenoir, NC?

Posted: 20 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 30 Aug 2002 5:52PM GMT
Since there is no Indian Reservation in Lenoir COUNTY, is it possible you have confused Lenoir, NC, the town in the western part of NC with Lenoir COUNTY, in the eastern part of NC? It is not unusual to confuse the two.

WALKER Line

Marcia Stocks (View posts)
Surnames: Walker, Avery, Stocks, Suggs, Dudley
Luzia - do you have any information on your WALKER line? I have run into a road block - my great grandmother was Sophia Jane WALKER of Lenoir County. Can't seem to find much information (actually - nil) on the WALKER's.

Thanks!
Marcia Stocks

ancestors

luzia foster (View posts)
Surnames: watson, foster, walker, combs
i am looking for george foster who married polly walker. i have traced them to lenoir county on the native american reservation. it has been passed down the family lines. we are stuck in lenoir.

also i have robert watson (va),and clemanza (ann) combs, daughter of joe combs. if anyone has any information please contact me. i am so frustrated that i can not trace them beyond this county. they are there in middle 1800's. the combs maybe from virginia. i would greatly appreciate any clues.

lenoir

Posted: 21 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: lenoir
thank you. since i am here in kentucky and have not been to that part of north carolina i would not have known that. if you have any information that may help me search for my ancestors in north carolina please contact me. this has been a wall for us here in kentucky.

thanks,

luzia

walker

Posted: 21 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: walker
my ancestor is polly (mary) walker who married george foster. he was in the civil war for north carolina, i think the union side. i could be mistaken on that part. if you have any clues, please contact me.

luzia

Re: ancestors Foster & Walker

Posted: 21 Oct 2012 11:27PM GMT
Dear Luzia,
George and Polly's Son, William Lowery moved to Casey County Kentucky after the War. William's daughter, Polly Foster is my paternal Grandmother. I William's Confederate Soldier Pension application and letters. I am very interested in communicating with you more what you have. I am currently in North Carolina and plan to travel to Lenoir in the near future to research more about my/our Family. melissa.a.hayes23.mil@mail.mil
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions