Search for content in message boards

McConnon

Posted: 1 Sep 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Oct 2001 5:56PM GMT
Looking for information on Patrick McConnon. He had 5 sons Owen, John, Patrick, Peter, James and a daughter Ann who died a few months after her birth. Could someone refer me to a Irish-Catholic Church that was in the Mauch Chunk - Nequehoning area in the late 1850's to early 1860's and if that church might have records that I may be able to look through.

MCCONNON

Richie Bimler (View posts)
Posted: 30 Sep 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: MCCONNON
There was a Catholic Church by the name of St. Patrick's in Nesquehoning. There was also a cemetery by the same name. I have been looking for the sexton records for the past 10 years with no luck. I corresponded with both the Allentown and Philadelphia Diocese, the bourough clerk and local catholic church in Nesquehoning and many others. Always striking out. The cemetery was bulldozed in the early 1960s; surely SOMEONE knows the story?

Re: McConnon

Posted: 17 Dec 2009 6:32PM GMT
Surnames: Bimler. Kissner
Francis: Did you ever find out anything about the Irish church in the Nesquehoning or Mauch Chunk area? I know of two of them: St Pat's in Nesquehoning and Immaculate Conception in Mauch Chunk.

I have a Patrick McConnon in my relation. He had a son named Owen. Too much of a coincidence to not be the same guy? My info says Patrick was born abt 1818 and died in Dec 1896.

My email is richie.bimler@gmail.com; my phone is 740-548-5658
per page

Find a board about a specific topic