Search for content in message boards

Able Dail (Dale) (Dial) from Grainger TN father of James and Abner

Able Dail (Dale) (Dial) from Grainger TN father of James and Abner

Posted: 24 Mar 2007 7:27AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: DALE, DAIL, DIAL
I am looking for info on Able Dail was in Grainger in late 1700's. Abner had 16 children but I don't know much about James except he had a son named Milton and was married to a McDonald. Anyone know where Able was before Grainger??? Was he in any war??? It seems a lot of people are researching this line. In a book about Grainger Abel's name is spelled three different ways.

Re: Able Dail (Dale) (Dial) from Grainger TN father of James and Abner

Posted: 28 Mar 2008 3:09PM GMT
Surnames: Dail, Deal
I have Abel Dail and James Dail in my line in Dobbs County/Wayne County/Greene Co. NC and family lore says they moved to Tennessee. I have not done research in TN yet. Did you receive any info? I am interested in a response from you - maybe we can solve a mystery.

Posted: 12 Sep 2011 7:28PM GMT
I have been away from this line for some time, but now I am back into it. I am from the Milton Dail/Dale line whose father was James and whose grandfather was Abel.....all which seems to have been in Grainger County, TN from as early as 1799 to after the 1850 census.

By 1860, Milton and most of his siblings moved to Wayne County, MO.

How can I help?

Debbie Horine

Posted: 19 Sep 2011 7:25PM GMT
Hi Debbie,
This is my line, except I show them in NC in the late 1790's. Also, my Milton is buried in NC. Do you have your tree on Ancestry? Mine is under DAIL/Haselden and you are most welcome to use it - I would really love to see your info. I have been trying to prove that Abel was the father of James and Theophilus (both born in the late 1700's) and DNA related.
I am excited to see what you know.
Your cuz,
Linda

Posted: 29 Dec 2011 2:33AM GMT
Debbie,

My ggggrandfather was Abel Dail of Grainger Co. I am descended from his son, Abner. I would be happy to share information.

bill dail
wdail20@msn.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic