Search for content in message boards

Warren G. Harding

Warren G. Harding

Killoran Rivers (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jun 2000 4:37PM GMT
My 15th cousin is President Harding. Anyone else related to him?

Pres Harding

Beth (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jun 2000 3:52PM GMT
I am related to him too. I don't know how but the name is used often in my family. Not just after he was president either. If you have any info which could help please e-mail me at genegyrl@yahoo.com.
Thank you!

Warren G. Harding

Posted: 8 Jun 2000 2:44PM GMT
Edited: 1 Jul 2001 9:32PM GMT
My great-grandmother and Warren G. Harding were 3rd cousins. Amos and Phoebe Tripp Harding were the common ancestors. My line went through their son Mordecai Rice, and Warren G's line was through their son George Tryon Harding. My grandmother sent him a graduation announcement in 1921, and received well wishes on White House stationery, hand-written and signed, Florence Kling Harding, and she included a picture of Warren G. My uncle still has it.
Amos and Phoebe Tripp Harding had 17 children, most of whom grew to adulthood. An excellent book, if you can find it is "The Harding's in America", 1925 by Wilbur Judd Harding, a son of my ggg-grandfather's brother. It is referred to often, and gives a lot of history for this Harding, including some personal rememberances about Amos and Phoebe and others. It is traced back to the immigrant ancestor.

Warren Harding

Michelle Harding Rollings (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jul 2000 5:16AM GMT
I heard that my grandfather's family was related to Warren G.Harding, but I am unsure of the connection. My great grandfather supposedly went to a big family reunion and Warren G. was there. I am currently trying to trace my great grandfather's brother, Walter Harding, from Fulton County, Indiana.
Anyone know anything about Walter?
Posted: 8 Jul 2000 6:50PM GMT
Edited: 1 Jul 2001 9:32PM GMT
I show a Walter Ralph Harding, born May 28, 1888, son of Lucius M. Harding and Inez Mary Kadow Harding, who was the son of John and Elvira Dunham Harding, who was the son of Amos and Phoebe Tripp Harding. John and Elvira lived in Richland Co. OH, then moved to LaPorte County, IN. If this is your Walter, he is indeed related to Warren G. Harding. John and Warren's great-grandfather George Tryon Harding were brothers. Was the reunion in OH? Perhaps in 1922? My gg-grandfather went to a huge Harding reunion at Blooming Grove, OH in 1922 and I have pictures he took there, including a couple of Warren G.'s father, George Tryon, Jr. and also a couple of pictures of people wearing a shoulder yoke for carrying sap made by Amos Harding. It says who was in possession of it at the time.
This Walter R. had children Clarence Marion, Howard Earl, Bernice Inez, and Florence Grace.

Warren G. Harding

Auralie Logan (View posts)
Posted: 10 Sep 2000 4:38PM GMT
My grandmother, whose maiden name was Grace Nancy Harding, told me that her grandfather and WG's grandfather were brothers. She was not proud of the connection. Her branch of the family lived in upper New York state until after the Civil War, when her father, Prosper Grove Harding, took his family to Florida for their health. (He was really a carpetbagger.) His children were my grandmother, Grace, who married Walter Jones and lived in Florida until she died at age 85 in 1965; Oren, an older son, who died about 1950; Florida, a daughter by his second wife, and a child wo died, but I can't remember the name. Prosper Grove had a brother named Ansel who went to Colorado and became a beet farmer. (PG, the carpetbagger, was a contractor who built much of Panama City, Fla., and Port St. Joe)
I have not been able to locat any information about any of these - but must admit I have not looked very hard.

WG Harding line

Judy (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jan 2001 8:45PM GMT
Anita, Can you check your line please, to see
if there is Alice Ann Harding apx born 1876.
Iowa. Thank you so much
Posted: 4 Apr 2001 2:31PM GMT
Edited: 25 Mar 2002 3:54AM GMT
He was my Great-Great uncle.

Harding

Killoran Rivers (View posts)
Posted: 4 Apr 2001 5:25PM GMT
Warren G. Harding was your great-great-uncle?? He was my 15th cousin.

W.G. Harding

Posted: 5 Apr 2001 11:01AM GMT
Edited: 28 Jun 2001 5:04PM GMT
Hey-- Warren Gameliel Harding is alive and well. b:1920 in Seattle, Wash. Now lives in Utah. Father Robert Horace Harding, mother Hazel Stott Harding, gr father Jack or John Harding, gr mother Countess Caroline Alexander de Paris. after this --dead end.
D Harding
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions