Search for content in message boards

Taylor Family- Burlington County

Taylor Family- Burlington County

Posted: 12 Feb 2008 5:37PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Taylor, Davis
I'm looking for the ancestors of Peter Davis Taylor b. 1828 in NJ. In 1850 census, he living in Burlington County and is married to Martha A. (Unknown Last Name) with 2 children. I am a descendant of his son Amos b. 1849. The family later moved to Delaware and then ended up in Philadelphia.

Based on Peter's name I'm wondering if there's any connection to a family with the name of "Davis".

Anyone have a connection to the Taylors? I'm hitting dead ends. Thanks for any help!

Re: Taylor Family- Burlington County

Posted: 1 Aug 2009 2:21AM GMT
I amn a member of the Taylor family from Burlin
dgton NJ; Benjamin Taylor b 1807 Father Thomas Taylor . Does this fit in your family?
Marcia Taylor Stoetzel

Posted: 1 Aug 2009 1:01PM GMT
Surnames: Taylor, Silpath
Hi. I have a Taylor in my tree. I am researching the Silpath family (Burlington). Julia Ann Silpath was born 11/7/1852. She married Joshua Taylor 10/24/1878. She died in 1915 and is buried in Oddfellows Cemetery, Burlington (I assume Joshua is buried there too). Is this Taylor one of yours too?

Posted: 1 Aug 2009 3:58PM GMT
I have some research on the Edward Taylor Family in Burlington County. Edward was married to Sarah Merritt. I have a pretty good trace down through their son, Edward, but there are five other possibilities that could have been the father of Peter Davis Taylor--Jacob Merritt b. 1793, Abraham Merritt b. 1799, James b. 1801, Nathan Hunt b. 1805, and Joseph W. b. 1810. I haven't been able to definitively put my family in with these Taylors. I know that my G-G-G-G Grandmother, Hepsebee Taylor was married to Samuel Joyce. I have no other information on her. I also know that my G-G-Grandfather, Samuel Painter (Hepsebee and Samuel Joyce's Grandson) ended up living with the above mentioned son Edward and his wife Esther Wright after the death of his parents when he was only 6 years old. Unfortunately, I haven't been

Posted: 1 Aug 2009 6:05PM GMT
I am researching a Maria Emma Taylor Beck, daughter of Jediah Taylor and 3rd. wife of John D. Beck of Burlington County, NJ. My main interest is in John D. Beck and his second wife Rachel Austin, also of Burlington County, NJ. but would like to fill in some of the blanks. Thanks, DCrowder
per page

Find a board about a specific topic