Search for content in message boards

McMullen of Kilkenny Co, Ireland

McMullen of Kilkenny Co, Ireland

Earllene McMullen Smith (View posts)
Posted: 15 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McMullen, Nesbitt
am looking for info on William C. McMullen b. april 22, 1810 in Kilkeeny Co, Ireland and his son John Henry McMullen b. Janurary 16, 1931. Also Margaret Nesbitt b. November 2, 1809 In Ireland, she married William C. McMullen in Kilkenny Co, Ireland in 1929, They came to Americia in 1832. Would like any possible leads.

McMullen of Kilkenny Co., Ireland

Posted: 25 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 1 Jul 2004 2:15AM GMT
Surnames: McMullen, Nesbitt
William was the brother of John Mercier McMullen, who emigrated to Brockville, Ontario, Canada in 1848. John M. was married to Sarah Charlotte Nesbitt. It is highly likely that Margaret (wife of William) and Sarah Charlotte were sisters, but I have no proof.
John Mercier McMullen, a noted author, produced what he titled an "Historical Sketch of the McMullen Family," in 1902. This remained unpublished until 1981, when a great great granddaughter, Ralyne Elayne Westenhofer, published it herself.
In this work, John M. states that his wife was the daughter of William Nesbitt of Castlecomer. He also mentions that his wife's mother was "the widow Ward." When the McMullens arrived in America in 1848 they visited Sarah Charlotte's brother (probably half-brother) Robert Ward in Jamestown, NY.
There is quite a bit on his brother William in the Sketch. William and John were sons of John McMullen (ca 1779-ca 1857) and Mary Anne Mercier (ca 1781-May 1854), both of whom died in Kells, Co. Kilkenny.

McMullen, Nesbitt

Earllene Smith (View posts)
Posted: 30 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: McMullen
thank you for the info I will see if I can get a copy of the book.

Re: McMullen of Kilkenny Co., Ireland

Charlotte Richardson (View posts)
Posted: 5 Nov 2004 7:31PM GMT
Surnames: Mercier MacMullen McMullen/Oliver John James
Am a descendant of the Mac/McMullen line. I have a complete copy of the family history (to Brockville) have copy of his family history from Brockville which was given to my great grandfather Oliver Mercier Earle. need some help finding connecting family to Oliver Mercier Earle. Perhaps a nephew of JoHn McMullen?

Posted: 4 Feb 2008 4:36AM GMT
Hello Charlotte. My name is Lyn David McMullen, descendant of John McMullen Kells Kilkenny. If you are looking for some further info on the Mercier line, I have a bit and some updates to the book written by John Mercier. Please contact me on my personal email ldminc1@shaw.ca Cheers Lyn

Re: McMullen, Nesbitt

Posted: 4 Feb 2008 4:38AM GMT
Hi my name is Lyn McMullen, and I have further information on the William C McMullen line if you wish it. Please contact me on my personal email of ldminc1@shaw.ca Cheers Lyn

Posted: 26 Jun 2013 12:25PM GMT
Those researching the McMullen family of Kilkenny can contact me at mcmull1xx@yahoo.com

Re: McMullen of Kilkenny Co, Ireland

Posted: 26 Jun 2013 12:26PM GMT
Those researching McMullen co. Kilkenny, contact me at mcmull1xx@yahoo.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions