Search for content in message boards

Juge Family Research

Juge Family Research

Posted: 17 Nov 2001 9:13PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 27 Jul 2003 7:57PM GMT
Surnames: Juge
Any Juges in Vermillion Parish? Martin Juge born 1805 in Pointe Coupee may have connections in Vermillion Parish through his father, unknown, who may have come from Vermillion Parish. Martin's father remains a mystery to all Juge researchers known to me so if anyone can shed some light on the mystery you will be greatly appreciated. Also, if anyone has any information on a Baron de Juge, a schoolmaster, found in the early 19th century in Vermillion Parish, please contact me.

Re: Juge Family Research

Posted: 25 Feb 2002 7:01AM GMT
This doesn't answer your question but I was wondering if your research has lead to any info on Charles Raphael Juge born in 1881 and married to Lelia Porche? Do you know if he could be related to Martin Juge, possibly a grandson? Thanks.

Posted: 25 Feb 2002 3:20PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jul 2003 7:57PM GMT
Surnames: Juge, Porche, Pourciau
I do have info on a Charles Juge. However, there are differences that may be hard to overcome. But the similarities and coincidences are interesting to say the least and definitely worth exploring. My Charles Juge's full name is Charles Hilaire Juge b. 7/31/1887 in Pointe Coupee Parish, LA, d. 1/19/1972 in Baton Rouge, LA. He was the son of Joseph Antoine Juge and Marie Alice Porche and the paternal grandson of Martin Juge and Francoise Honore Destrehan. He was married to Barbara Porche. (Sources: Baptismal record Immaculate Conception Church, Pointe Coupee; 1900 & 1920 Census info, Pointe Coupee).

Posted: 26 Feb 2002 3:57AM GMT
No, this isn't the same Charles Juge. The Charles Juge that I wrote about was my grandfather, born 1881 in Louisiana but died in 1961 in California. I have 16 pages of research given to me by my father starting with Zenon Porche and Julie Pourciau. The Charles that you mentioned corresponds with the info that I have. My gf Charles married Lelia Porche, daughter of Charles Edgar Porche and Felicite Decuir, this Charles being the son of Zenon and Julie. My records also say that Martin Juge was at one time married to Marie DeCuir. Is this the same Martin Juge and could my grandfather be an offspring of this marriage?

Posted: 3 Sep 2002 12:57AM GMT
Edited: 26 Sep 2002 11:47PM GMT
Hi, I am the grand-daughter of Charles Hilare Juge and Barbara Porche of Baton Rouge. My Father, who is deceased just October, 2000, is Joseph Anthony Juge. I am always searching the Juge family because of its uniqueness. I notice you said you are a relative of my grandad, Charles Hilare Juge. Well what relation are you. I am in Baton Rouge, La. and waiting to hear from you.......

Pat Schexnayder (View posts)
Posted: 3 Sep 2002 1:29AM GMT
Surnames: Juge, Porche
Claudette--

You are the first relative of Charles Hilaire Juge I have heard from. Thanks for replying to the message. If you are the granddaughter of Charles Hilaire then you and I are third cousins. My mother, Ollie, is the daughter of Joseph Isnaga Juge, Charles' brother. So I am Isnaga's granddaughter. (Joseph Isnaga always went by the name Isnaga.) Isnaga and Charles' parents were Joseph Antoine Juge and Marie Alice Porche. Charles and Isnaga were two of their 8 children and the only two who did not move to California in the late 40s and early 50s. I have located all the families of the other siblings in California and attended a Juge family reunion there two years ago where I received some information about your family. I understand a Cristobel Juge, who would be your father's sister, lives in CA. Where are the rest of your family? I have been researching my family history for about 10 years or so and like you, find the Juge's quite an interesting group. I must tell you that I was unaware that all these years there was a branch of our family right there in Baton Rouge.

I have a list of Charles Hilaire Juge and Barbara Porche's children from a succession filed in the 19th JDC. And, of course, It lists Joseph Anthony as one of their 8 children. Do you do genealogy? Have you a lot of information. I would love to share info with you. Please email me. By the way, I live in Slidell.

Pat

Posted: 15 Sep 2002 5:28PM GMT
Edited: 24 Sep 2002 1:09AM GMT
Juge Family:

I have also great interest in working down the Juge tree from Martin Juge. The recent postings here are all new to what I knew about the Juge branch, which I mostly got from Jeri West a few years back. I am involved as follows: Martin Juge b 1807 (great great grandfather) Francis Joseph Juge b 1848 (great grandfather) Charles Raphael Juge b 12/6/1881 (my grandfather) Marie Iris Juge b 8/7/1910 (my mother) Rene Thomas Folse b 10/12/1945 (me)

I have a great deal of detail on the family of Charles Raphael Juge if anyone would like to know.

Does anyone have knowledge of Martin's ancestors?

I would really like to see some of the data of the descendants of Martin Juge so I can compare this to what Jeri West (who is mostly working on Decuir and Porche) gave me and add in or correct what I know. If it is possible to get a GEDCOM file it would be great to see.

Rene Thomas Folse
rene@maxi.net
http://www.childpsychologist.com

Posted: 27 Sep 2002 1:18AM GMT
Well, Pat.....what can I say, Hi cuz! that would be in order...i got your message, and i gues u could continue to email me at that yahoo address. Well...what did u want to know? My relatives......My dad's relatives........Well My grandmother, barbara porche has a living brother in Lafayette. We call him "snook"... He must be over 100 by now, lol. I read someone mention my aunt, Crystabelle Juge, she is in Baton Rouge.....not CA. She is moving slowly, but alive and well. My day had 2 brothers, who are both deceased, Edward Juge and John Juge. He had 5 sisters, 2 living......Those deceased are Doris Juge Vavasseur, Theresa Juge Darensbourg, Velma Juge Darensbourg. And those alive are Mildred Juge Decuir, in California and Chrystabelle Juge Chenier here in Baton Rouge. It was great hearing from you. the Juge family is a special one......a vibrant, and unending legacy....Strong and lots of love to give........I miss my Dad and my aunts so. Recently I lost my sister to a brain tumor, last year....a year after my dear dad. My dad's grandmother, Alice Juge. Have u heard of her. Well it was a sad story....she was murdered back in the 50s by her son-in-law.....he axed her. My grandmother, Barbara Porche came from a pretty wealthy family.........Zenon Porche. He was a planter back in the days and owned property. No, I dont have a clue why only your grandfather and my grandfather, PaPa, as we called him were the ones to stay in Louisiana. Maybe we will be able to find out. I do want you to know that I am "black". Don't really look black, but I am. My mother was also creole, from here. She was a LeDuff........and a beautiful one. Life is amazing. The Juge family is very interesting. My grandmother, Barbara Porche, was a special lady. I believe she had special powers. She always told me my Dad was powerful also. He was in WWII in the navy. He was such a strong man. And handsome 2. He inspired me greatly. And if you are a relative of mine, I know u r great too! My Dad told me of our family originating in France. And I too have researched the family name. It was LeJuge in France. I am just happy to have u guys seek this very interesting journey and who knows, we may even meet one day. Don't share too much with your mom, she may want to keep some things from you........but you and I can always chat.

Good Luck Cuz, Claudette...........

Posted: 3 Oct 2002 2:29AM GMT
Hi Pat, Sorry I haven't got with u sooner. Got your draft and the info u sent me was informative and mostly already known. I am a rambler too. Right now waiting on Luci.... I do want to share that the Zenon Porche is kinda vague.....because there are two. and u mentioned my grandparents being related, is it by Zenon? If so, we need some clarification, because there are 2 Zenon Porches. Holler back at me at Yahoo.......Thanks, Claudette

claudette juge johnson (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jul 2005 12:37AM GMT
Was reading your findings on the Juge family. My grand dad, Charles Hilare Juge died in BAton Rouge in 1972. My dad, his son, Joseph A. Juge.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic