Search for content in message boards

San Jose Parish Cemetery

San Jose Parish Cemetery

Posted: 11 May 2011 5:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
Can anyone tell me if the San Jose Parish Cemetery in Arrey goes by any other name? I found it posted on Find A Grave but there is no record of this cemetery with New Mexico Genealogy Society.

Re: San Jose Parish Cemetery

Posted: 12 May 2011 2:43PM GMT
All the cemeteries in Sierra Cuounty New Mexico can be found at http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~nmscgs2/index1.htm

Also incluced is the Garfiels Cemetery of DonaAna County

Hope this helps

Posted: 12 May 2011 2:48PM GMT
I had checked that list but it does not include San Jose Parish. There is a listing for San Jose Parish Cemetery on Find A Grave where the family is supposed to be buried. I assume that it goes by another name.

Posted: 12 May 2011 3:45PM GMT
I looked at the photo on Find A Grave abd it looks very much like the Garfield cemetery. Do you have a perticular name and date you are looking for?

Posted: 12 May 2011 4:06PM GMT
I looking for the McNutt family. Preston McNutt and two of his children were killed in a house fire in March 17 1943. His wife and daughter were injured and not expected to live. They are listed in the San Jose listing on FAG but some of the names are wrong and some are missing. Want to make sure my information is correct.

Found this note posted on the San Jose Parish FAG site Cemetery notes and/or description:
To the southwest of the school on a hill. There is a flag pole you can see from the road that will help you spot it.
AKA Arrey Catholic Cemetery

Posted: 12 May 2011 4:30PM GMT
To the southwest of the school on a hill with the flag pole would be the Arrey Cemetery. In our book there is only two McNutts listed, a Dayle and Doyle McNutt died 1964 1 day old. Many graves in this cemetery arte unmarked. There are a few other McNutts listed on our web site. You can do a search from the home page.

Posted: 15 May 2011 4:18AM GMT
Finally got some more information on the cemetery in Arrey that we are searching for. Apparently there is the Arrey Cemetery by the Pentecostal Church and then there is another cemetery that is a Catholic Cemetery that has been referred to in obits as the San Jose or Arrey Catholic Cemtery and it is not close to the Arrey Cemetery. I received an email from a woman that said she had photographed the Arrey Cemetery and some of the marked graves in the Catholic Cemetery and that they were very different. If I understood her correctly they are a couple of miles apart and the Catholic Cemetery is up on a hill. I a want to make sure that my family has markers on their graves. If it helps the newest one of the family buried there was in 2000. Her name was Margaret McNutt-Collins. Maybe that will help in locating the cemetery.

Posted: 15 May 2011 3:50PM GMT
Obit for Magarita McNutt attached
Attachments:
per page

Find a board about a specific topic