Search for content in message boards

Dail, Chappell, Elliott, Lane

Dail, Chappell, Elliott, Lane

Posted: 5 Apr 2008 11:48PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 25 Oct 2008 10:20PM GMT
Wondering if anyone has info on any of the following:
William Henry Chappell (Bill or Billy) md. Esther Dail in 1898 Chowan or Perquimans. Esther was the daughter of John Bartlett Dail and Sarah Elizabeth Lane. Their marriage record says Wm. Henry Chappell's parents were Henry Chappell and Keziah Elliott. I have found their marriage in 1850 Perquimans...just transcribed. Does anyone know if it's worth the trip to Salt Lake to view the film of this record, or did they give parents names as early as 1850?

I'm seeking the parents of Henry Chappell, Kesiah Elliott, and Sarah Elizabeth Lane. John Bartlett Dail and Elizabeth Lane were also married in 1850, Perquimans.

If anyone can give me good guidance on any of these, and I do go to SLC to read films, I would be happy to do a few lookups on films for you while I'm there. It's less than an hour away, but gas prices and parking are not the greatest these days. Guess I shouldn't complain.
Thanks for any tips you can give me.

Re: Dail, Chappell, Elliott, Lane

Posted: 21 Nov 2008 4:44AM GMT
order the film through your local LDS Genealogy Library

Posted: 1 Jul 2011 5:10PM GMT
Surnames: Dail
Carolyn, I am very confused when it comes to John Bartlett Dail. My step-father in law is a descendant of Lydia Roxie Dail (1874-1947). I found her death certificate and it says (with a little transcribing) that her parents are Bartley Dail and Elizabett Dail.

The first time I find her on a census, she is age 9 in 1880 with her parents John B. (age 50) and his wife Sarah (age 30). Of course, then it skips to 1900 where she is married. I cannot be certain who her parents are. Did John B and Sarah Elizabeth divorce or did one of them die? At the same time that I see Roxie in 1880, Esther is living with her married sister. I feel that there is something that I am missing, but it's a puzzle that I'm missing some pieces to. If you can help, I'd be grateful!

Thanks,

Susan

Posted: 22 Jan 2012 6:33AM GMT
Hi, Susan....don't know why I just found this. Sorry.

Apparently, Elizabeth Lane Dail died and John Bartlett Dail remarried Sarah Absilla Boyce, by whom he had two more children. So, Elizabeth was the mother of all but the two youngest boys. I think John married Sarah in 1879-80, that's why she is on the 1880 census.
Also, I'm not sure now that Elizabeth Lane was Sarah Elizabeth. I think that may have started before we all realized that she died and may have thought she went by Sarah (as per the 1880 census.) Is this making any sense? Hope so.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions