Search for content in message boards

ARE THERE ANY GARRITY'S OUT THERE?

ARE THERE ANY GARRITY'S OUT THERE?

lisa (View posts)
Posted: 13 Feb 2000 8:45PM GMT
HELLO,
I HAVE RECENTLY BEGUN TO SEARCH FOR INFO CONCERNING MY HERITAGE. I KNOW THAT I AM RELATED TO A GARRITY STRING STEMMING FROM LIVERPOOL. I, HOWEVER, LIVE IN THE U.S. AND WOULD LOVE TO GET ACQUAINTED WITH THOSE LOST RELATIVES. ANY INFO, PLEASE POST IT.
ANTICIPATED THANKS,
LISA

Re: ARE THERE ANY GARRITY'S OUT THERE?

milton engleheart (View posts)
Posted: 8 Aug 2001 3:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 30 Apr 2006 7:13PM GMT
Surnames: Garrity
I am trying to find GARRITY family descendants of Henry? GARRITY publisher of New York and Cecil ENGLEHEART, married around 1905? Cecil was a descendant of George ENGLEHEART (1750-1829) English miniature painter. She returned to USA from Liverpool around 1903. She was a lead singer in "Floradora" in 1901. I believe she had a daughter named after her elder sister, Winifred, also a son John. Last family contact seems to have been in late 1920's?
Can you help with any possible connection please?

Lisa (View posts)
Posted: 8 Aug 2001 4:29PM GMT
We are not a match i am afraid. My family does stem from Liverpool but the only member from the chain that went to the USA did so in the 1970's. Best of luck in your search!

Posted: 29 Aug 2001 4:00PM GMT
Edited: 9 May 2003 3:40AM GMT
Surnames: Garrity
What part of US did your Garrity's live?My grandfather b1869 in Liverpool came to US at early age.Would like to trace his background,also his whereabouts after 1907/1908 as he left NJ (also lived in Delaware and PA)and family lost contact.Any relpy appreciated Fran

Milton Engleheart (View posts)
Posted: 29 Aug 2001 10:43PM GMT
Surnames: GARRITY, ENGLEHEART
I am looking for any descendants of Henry GARRITY and Cecil ENGLEHEART of NY, married early 1900's? He was a well-to-do Catholic publisher, she was born NZ but resident of NJ, US, a singer in "Floradora" in 1901, who pre-marriage returned to US from Liverpool via Ellis Island in 1903-4. They apparently had a son John who took over Henry's business and a daughter named after Cecil's elder sister Winifred, also a singer. Most E offspring are female, so I must follow female marriages. I hope to get a marriage cert. to find further details, but don't want to invade privacy if inquiry unwelcome.

Posted: 27 Feb 2013 2:39AM GMT
Surnames: Garrity, Engelhart, Holt
Henry and Cecil were my grandparents. I am the son of Devin and Joan Holt Garrity. Henry was indeed a well-to-do publisher and started the Devin-Adair Publishing company prior to the crash of the stock market, where-upon he became a serious publisher, having to turn his gentlemen's past time into a way to make a living. He died essentially broke, odd family he is burred in an unmarked grave in White Plains, NY

Posted: 17 Mar 2013 7:29PM GMT
Hello , My line came to Boone county Indiana , James E.Garrity lived in Boone county In. in 1860 .He marr. Cathrine Burrris . Family storys say this line were orangeman . On James death certificate it states his father is Richard born in Ireland , nothing on his Mother .

Pam Garrity

Posted: 17 Mar 2013 7:31PM GMT
You may contact me at mspam07@aol.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions