Potters of Poga, Carter, Tennessee

Jolene SHarp (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jan 2000 1:28PM GMT
Mary Jane Potter
Born Oct 22, 1869
Poga, Carter, Tennessee
Father Noah, Potter
Mother Sara Ann Bunton
I Have more on Mary Jane, marriage, death, Children,and etc. But I am Look for information on Noah , and Sara

Potter ,Carter Co., Tn

Patsy Potter (View posts)
Posted: 7 Mar 2000 9:09PM GMT
Are you looking for a Potter from Carter Co.,
Tn.? If so, maybe I can help you. My husband is from Carter Co. and all his family
still lives there. Most of them live around
Elizabethton and Roan Mountain. My sister-in-
law is presently researching the Potter line.
I will be happy to help you if I can.

MARY JANE POTTER

PATSY POTTER (View posts)
Posted: 8 Mar 2000 5:16PM GMT
PASTY, thank you for replying I am looking for Mary Jane Potter, born 22 Oct. 1869, Poga ,carter , Tn. Married Parlan ll, Her father was Noah Potter and Sara Bunton, they are the ones I am looking for.

Mary Jane Potter

JoLene (View posts)
Posted: 8 Mar 2000 5:22PM GMT
e-mail granny5ojo@freewwweb.com
Patsy Potter please e-mail me.
looking for Noah Potter and Sara Bunton

Thomas H(?) Potter from Carter Co. TN

LML Chang (View posts)
Posted: 1 May 2000 4:13PM GMT
Patsy - I'm looking for Thomas Potter, born 1823 in Carter County. In the 1830 census I found John Potter (head of household of 11 - one a slave) - with a boy between 5-10. Nothing showed up in 1820 / 1810 census. Any help would be appreciated - thanks,
Laura Chang

THOMAS H. POTTER

Patsy Potter (View posts)
Posted: 2 May 2000 10:16AM GMT
Laura...Can you give me any more names associated with this Thomas and John Potter? There are so many John Potters in that line, it is hard to determine which one without other names to associate him with. My sister-in-law lives in Elizabethton, Carter Co., Tn and she has done an enormous research on that line. If you will get back to me, I will be happy to get what information I can for you...if I can't help you, Laurie said she would be happy to go look it up for you down there. You can e-mail me directly at DPotter1955@cs.com Looking forward to hearing from you again soon....
Patsy Potter

Thomas H Potter extra info

LML Chang (View posts)
Posted: 2 May 2000 12:01PM GMT
Patsy - thanks for the quick reply! I'm helping my mom (Shirley Chang) with this. I've asked her to send Thomas H Potter's wife's name - I'm pretty sure she knows it. I'll forward what I can. Thank you again, Laura Chang

Thomas Hasting (Hastin) Potter

Shilrey Writer Chang (View posts)
Posted: 2 May 2000 4:47PM GMT
Patsy, I am replying with more info for my daughter Laura ML Chang.
Thomas Hasting (Hastin) Potter was born March 20, 1823 in Carter Co TN. He died September 13, 1877 in Barry Co MO. He married Orpha Jane Love, daughter of Jeremiah Dungan Love, Sr. on February 24, 1844 in Lawrence Co. MO. They had at least 9 children, whose names I have. He is found in 1850 MO Census in Lawrence Co. living among other Potter families: John, David, and Stephen. I am searching for his parents and siblings. I think some of the above might be siblings or perhaps Stephen could be the father. Any help would be appreciated and I am happy to share information I have.
Thanks. Shirley Writer Chang

Mary Jane Potter

Posted: 14 Feb 2001 6:29AM GMT
Edited: 22 May 2003 5:02PM GMT
Have information on Mary Jane Potter, contact me at jdpeter@earthlink.net

Re: Potters of Poga, Carter, Tennessee

Fay Sutton (View posts)
Posted: 14 Oct 2001 11:20PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Potter
My mother is from Poga,Tn. Her name is Anna Potter Vines.Her fathers name was William Harrison Potter. Noah Johnson Potter was her great grandfather.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic